• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My new nano tank and first try of a planted garden

Lol do I really have to cut them, should have got a bigger tank.

Greenfinger, how long before you can trim as is there a settling in period for the plants and if you was to cut them too soon would it affect them, was going to trim the top of the baby tears too as I heard this can help and get them thicker and spread more.

A week today and the growth has been great really pleased with how it's turned out. Now have 8 crystal shrimps.
collage-1452699088153_zpsms7q0gpg.jpg
DSC_0850_zpsqcqqlv0i.jpg
collage-1452592146016_zpsmevdmoql.jpg
DSC_0852_zps6ifv9f9j.jpg
DSC_0860_zpsp8lccfjf.jpg

DSC_0866_zpsftm8vf90.jpg
collage-1452699012613_zpsa5b0joyb.jpg
DSC_0870_zpsvqff9ubf.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Roy, what would you recommend as an alternative. Christos I'm not sure what type of led they are that's in the picture, not sure they would work, depends on the output I guess. My led light units actually came with the tank but I have a strip of leds in one light unit and a strip of two leds in the other light unit

This is looking awesome so far. I do hope to heavily plant my bettas love fish concept tank it's 27 Ltr and dimensions are 41x27x27cm so not far from yours. I like the look of your led hood, did it come with the tank?

Back