• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

WORLD WAR 3???

I really hope no other nations would join him on this pointless mission. My heart goes out to everybody that is affected by this. One love.
So far Belarus aiding their assault as they're coming in and launching missile strikes from the north via Belarus, why no sanctions on Belarus?

Anyway, it seems to be a rather bad omen... As far as I understand all this is because of Ukraine's connection with Europe and soliciting for NATO membership. And Putin sees NATO at his doorstep in a former Sovjet country as a major threat. Thus this doesn't end with Ukraine falling into his hands, after this he wants NATO out of Poland too and actually, he wants NATO to revert back to its pre-1997 borders... Bottom line he steering towards a reintroduction of the Warschaupact preferable with an iron curtain again.

Let's hope the Russians wake up and realise they are dealing with a mad man steering towards an escalation that will have no winners in the end.

Somehow I have the feeling NATO knew this situation was inevitable because I live a couple of miles away from a USA military base at the German border. And they are already mobilising and restocking this depot since 2016 with 1600 new tanks and other military vehicles. Since last year an entirely new railroad section is under construction towards this base as we speak.

This situation is already simmering for quite some time. And now it's here...

The danger is it only takes a megalomaniac and his ardent supporters to do this.
Thats why it was so important the orange buffoon was ousted over here.

Looks like Ukraine isnt the roll over they thought it would be. Seem's very unpopular back in russia and seems that the troops sent are very young and inexperienced.

Russia has taken steps to mitigate how poorly its going by locking down social media.

Hackers running some severe psyops could likely have a good effect.

Now that Germany and Italy are finally onboard with locking russia out of SWIFT I think the oligfarchs that keep putin in place are getting a bit itchy.

The longer Ukraine can hold out, the more chance that putin is ended. There is no good move from here.

It looks from the outside that he's actually strengthened the allies massively. There was lots of division before and it was thought Biden to weak to keep nato together. The united front now being shown with sanctions and the willingness to supply aid and weapons to the heroic people of Ukraine will be hard to spin even for their media, especially when it's the people about to suffer.

It looks from the outside that he's actually strengthened the allies massively. There was lots of division before and it was thought Biden to weak to keep nato together. The united front now being shown with sanctions and the willingness to supply aid and weapons to the heroic people of Ukraine will be hard to spin even for their media, especially when it's the people about to suffer.
I think Biden's Admin has done a good job of showing Russia's hand ahead of the play, telegraphing every move and telling exactly what would happen and following through.
Unfortunately the US is deeply divided at the moment, I honestly think russian social media troll farms had a decent amount to do with that. I also suspect there's a certain level of posterior clenching going on with how a certain party is going to lose a lot of black market campaign funding.

ouch and the ruble is rubble, I wonder how long until the lead express leaves the station. There's a lot of unhappy billionaires in Russia looking at Pootie...

So far Belarus aiding their assault as they're coming in and launching missile strikes from the north via Belarus, why no sanctions on Belarus?
its taken over 6 years to get the sanctions we currently have post annexing. So would seem little political will power to do these things

He is certainly a very good strategist and is willing to play the long game and surround cities and wait this out, he’s learnt that waiting till almost spring is a much better idea and so on.

They have their own internet so can run cut off from the rest of the world. but fair play to all those resisising both within Russia and deployed to the conflict. those protesting in Russia are going to prison and those deployed, have to become POWs. there will be no easy outcome, the arsenal behind them is so vast and we have yet to hear China condem this, if they also side then the red army is massive

If I was China I would stay out of it publicly but offer Russia a line of credit which they will need as there currency will be worthless to trade with, this would put Russia in debt to China thus giving them lots of leverage or at least a very nice profit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some good news for a change, those brave Ukrainian soldiers who told the Russian warship to go f themselves, are still alive.
Many have died though, :( and Russia will just get annoyed how long this is taking now and just step up the attack and kill even more innocent people! There is a lot of propaganda from both sides too, so stories and figures coming out can be misleading!

I can’t even imagine what a 20 + mile long snake of tanks etc would look like
But I know for sure it wouldn’t be a good feeling

Let’s hope that anyone who attacks civilians does actually end up in The Hague
Is there a death penalty for such crimes ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe they only hand out lengthy services or life in prison for war crimes. The death penalty should be used on many of the criminals the Hague has tried over the years imo.

Mind you one thing is accusing Putin of war crimes ( which is obvious he has commited), its quite another getting him to the Hague!

I believe they only hand out lengthy services or life in prison for war crimes. The death penalty should be used on many of the criminals the Hague has tried over the years imo.

Mind you one thing is accusing Putin of war crimes ( which is obvious he has commited), its quite another getting him to the Hague!

I'd agree, I don't think the ICC, ICJ or any other court is a worry for Putin.

I had hoped that Russia might have used the recent talks to back out of the war while saying that got the demands they wanted, but that isn't looking good and looks like the fighting is getting more aggressive. I just hope it doesn't get as bad I had expected it to be.

My better half is originally from South Eastern Poland. About 2.5hrs drive from the Ukrainian border. I've been over multiple times over the years as she has most of her family over there. Her city have set up make shift refugee camps and pop up sleeping areas in gyms etc. Naturally being so close to the border they are quite worried about how this all plays out. Being 37 she can remember living under Russian curfew before the fall of communism in 1989.
Her family have noticed the huge increase in allied and nato forces arriving in recent days. Obviously all of this is nothing in comparison to what the Ukrainians are going through but its getting a little close to 'home' for a lot of Europeans.

Back