• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

WORLD WAR 3???

@ not called Bob . Putin doesn't care about his own people. His own people have suffered for years and all they want is a better life. Surely Apple Google Bing all these tech giants can counter state misinformation and it's noted Putin's worried about this closing down the only free liberal newspapers and tv stations. It looks like China is getting worried about what's going on in Ukraine and fear huge damage to their own economy

Putin will roll in to Ukraine and the west will do nothing to stop him. And it’ll stay that way unless he continues on to Poland. That for sure will be the beginning of WW3.

@Zhekus I'm looking for information of it is going on inside Russia since on our newspaper I can't really find any information.
Is any Twitter or some other way to know what is going on over there? If people are aware of what it is happening?
I don't really follow what is happening in Russia. See some news on reddit, that's about it.
The thing is a lot of Russian sources will be pro Putin. Media is not allowed to even say that there is war with Ukraine and they just shut down last independent radio station in Moscow.
I work with a Russian guy. He is from Krasnoyarsk (Siberia) and he just told me that local radio station got shot at because they tried telling what's going on in Ukraine. The station is closed for now, saying they are not allowed to tell the truth and unwilling to tell lies.
The older the Russian the more anti West/Ukraine he/she is likely to be, sadly. Even a lot of young Russians and some of my acquaintances are absolutely "hook line and sinker" for Russian propaganda.

I don't even talk about it with my parents. Talking to my brother economy is nose diving, but its not the first ride for Russians and they will get on with it... Seen some rumours that some Russians trying to get out via Finland fearing martial law.

And another thing, call me paranoid if you will, but I remember Chernobyl and I kid you not I ordered potassium iodide last night, so if the poo hits the fan my son can have some (potassium iodide that is).

I pray that Russia will be humbled in Ukraine and got turn around and kicked out. I hope Putin will be deposed, by any means asap.
It's a strange place to be in, when your home country is an aggressor. I struggle to get my mind around it.

Hug your loved ones more.

I pray that Russia will be humbled in Ukraine and got turn around and kicked out. I hope Putin will be deposed, by any means asap.
My cynical side thinks The West deliberately pushed Putin’s buttons and pulled the necessary political levers so he’d have no choice but to invade Ukraine.

With the hope he’ll overreach and be deposed, ridding the world of a major nuclear threat.

Either way I should imagine much statecraft and skullduggery continues behind the scenes with this as a possible aim.

My cynical side thinks The West deliberately pushed Putin’s buttons and pulled the necessary political levers so he’d have no choice but to invade Ukraine.

With the hope he’ll overreach and be deposed, ridding the world of a major nuclear threat.

Either way I should imagine much statecraft and skullduggery continues behind the scenes with this as a possible aim.

Ukraine nor NATO were not a direct threat to Putin. He decided to attempt to annex a sovereign country. He put his country and the oligarchs in dire financial straits doing so. I think Ukraine was making more progress into joining NATO. Putin has been a thorn in western democracies with all the cyber warfare and psyops. IMHO the west wasnt exactly upset to have a proxy war, but it was idiotic for him to fall for it, I can hardly think Ukraine " instigated" by wanting to be free of his influence.

Yes, Chechnya and Georgia have similarly received Russian intervention in the not too distant past and NATO was not on the agenda in either country. Many in Eastern Europe are not happy with (mainly) Americans "westsplaining" the invasion of Ukraine as a result of NATO expansion into the east, a view which does not take into account the wishes of Eastern European people who prefer to live in free democracies. Putin wanted Ukraine as a puppet state and that is the reason for the invasion, nothing to do with NATO.

For years we the world has been soft on Putin. After Salisbury sanctions of the level we see now should have been applied. Russian involvement in London sorted out. He never left the KGB . He has invaded a sovereign country . To justify this by saying he was provoked is ridiculous. For years he's been a threat and some countries actually increased trade with Russia actually funding his ambitions.

Absolutely we cow tail to these fanatics in both Russia and China and they thrive on it knowing the west will do nothing and just keep negotiating and wasting time talking. We are loosing the battle here the dictators are making ground. Shinning example Chinese covid. Shinning example Ukraine. Russia wants to stop the spread of Nato on its borders and the world is doing nothing.

It’s great to see retailers pulling out of Russia
But I can’t help thinking it’s not in support of Ukraine but the effects of the current sanctions and that the ruble has dropped therefore any profit that was being made has now disappeared

I would say that these closures should show the Russian people what is actually going on but I’m sure it’s just being spun by Putins mob as something completely different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think it's the sanctions in Russia drawing companies out. You can see by the fact some have stayed as long as they could before acting as a sign that it's just trying to protect their investment in the civilised world. There were plenty of calls for boycotts on McDonald's and coca cola yesterday.

I don't get how Russia can spin the exodus of so many worldwide brands either but then we aren't thinking about it like psychotic despots, or a brainwashed populous. I feel sorry for the more enlightened Russian population.

Ukraine reveals ‘Russian warship, go f**k yourself!’ postage stamp
Edit, can't link the Guardian article I intended due to profanity in url, but Reddit instead:

Last edited:
This crisis will be done when half of Ukraine is turned into rubble and thousands dead, and no one will be accountable for it!
This is a no win war for Russia, a war just because there are some oil/gas reserves in the southeast and the Black Sea and Russia sees this a threat to their coffers if Ukraine enters the market to Europe! Also having NATO closer to it's border if Ukraine joins the alliance.
Either way Russia will now be forever sanctioned, and the rest of Europe will buy oil/gas from elsewhere or invest further in renewable energy, this will actually speed up the need for renewable energy and slow down climate change!
The major losers here will be the Ukrainian people unfortunately, that will now be dispersed around Europe for the foreseeable future and counterless others buried in mass graves!, and their cities turned to dust!
I don't think we have seen the worst yet, and Putin will bring out the big guns soon as he gets frustrated, next will be biological weapons and smaller nuclear weapons which will "win" their war for them!! They are making all the excuses to justify what they are doing and living in some parallel universe that only themselves seem to be in it!
Since the West/NATO cannot intervene and start WW3 and possible nuclear war where Europe might cease to exist as it is today! Also Putin cannot be trialled for war crimes due to the way ICC and UN Security Council are formed up! Only soldiers/generals might be accountable, which is pointless.
The only way this will stop is for the Russian people to revolt and take him down! Otherwise, this will go one for quite some time and the Ukrainians will be no more..... while the rest of us watch!

Within few weeks or so we'll become quite insensitive to what's going on in Ukraine. Like we did with Palestine or Afghanistan for example.

We'll talk abut a guy slapping someone in the face on the TV. We'll talk about another famous chick showing her +xxxxl on the beach, we'll talk about new prices of Big Mac. Or about new sale of our favorite Adidas shoes.
This is how it works, media will fill our brains with another kind of information if and when needed. Information completely unnecessary but it's role is not being necessary but making our brains busy.
We'll forget about Palestine. Sudan. Somalia. Or Ukraine.

We'll simply consume another part of information fed by media. The show must go on.

Within few weeks or so we'll become quite insensitive to what's going on in Ukraine. Like we did with Palestine or Afghanistan for example.
It's just human nature, there are better things to worry about than a war on the other side of the world!
Only those affected directly won't forget it any time soon!
Still cannot see anything that Russia is going to gain out of this war, other than more sanctions from EU and USA! But then again the World is big, and they will just make deals with Asian/African countries and go about it as usual, since the West needs the gas/oil to a certain extent they will just keep pumping the euros into Russia and will keep aiding refugees and fund Ukraine with new weapons to test on the Russians!
It's always hard to judge a war like this, where lots of propaganda fly around from both sides, one thing is for sure Ukraine is getting destroyed and a lot of innocent people (inc soldiers) are dying in this pointless war!

The idea was that the resolve in the free world wouldn't hold was probably Putins thinking when he invaded and every well nearly every democratic country stood side by side but is it me butare cracks appearing. India has huge military contracts with Russia and seems lukewarm with the situation. Biden says what everybody thinks and wants and suddenly Macron chips in with sort of" what you playing at Biden l am on the phone to Mr Putin every day" Weak links here what's goin on with Macron and India ? Normal service will be resumed with a cease fire!

At the end of the day they all have deals in the background that most of us are not aware and every country profits from this war, the one's that are not involved in the war and still pay the price is the rest of us that have to pay the high prices of goods with the excuse of the war and all these big corporations will just make huge profits at the end of the year, why are big supply companies making billions in profits while people in the UK for example are going to food banks because they can't afford to heat their home in the winter otherwise?

Back