• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60cm Shallow Wabi-Kusa

Wow!:woot: This developed realy nicely.. :) I see you managed to find some Aeschynomene fluitans too.. That's looks realy great.. :clap: I had a lot of die off in my AF and do not have much left, it realy is a very sensitive plant.

Hi Marcel, Thank you :thumbup: The AF I was lucky popped into the LFS to get some Daphnia for the sticklebacks and Dan who works there said that had some in :D its been in the tank about 2 weeks and seems to be settling in . We will see. Sorry to hear yours did not do well. If mine takes off I will send you some ;)

I still have some AF left, which seems to do fine.. But i bought a 30 cm stem and 2/3 of shed all its leaves and the stem just melted away, maybe it doesn't like soft water or sudden changes.. That's the only thing i can think off, for the rest it should have all it needs.. In the low tech al died realy soon, in the high tech it's still alive, but not realy happy it seems. I hope yours takes off, it is a very beatifull plant.. :)

I still have some AF left, which seems to do fine.. But i bought a 30 cm stem and 2/3 of shed all its leaves and the stem just melted away, maybe it doesn't like soft water or sudden changes.. That's the only thing i can think off, for the rest it should have all it needs.. In the low tech al died realy soon, in the high tech it's still alive, but not realy happy it seems. I hope yours takes off, it is a very beatifull plant.. :)

Hi Marcel, As you know I have hard water and in this tank I only fert once a week.So we will see how it go's. Hope the rest of your AF takes off mate as you said its a beautiful plant :rolleyes:

One thing that's strange When I leave the lights on longer than 12 hours for photos at night AF go's to sleep ? This happens after 14 hours of light :confused::confused: I my other plants stay awake if the lights are left on.

Hi Marcel, As you know I have hard water and in this tank I only fert once a week.So we will see how it go's. Hope the rest of your AF takes off mate as you said its a beautiful plant :rolleyes:

One thing that's strange When I leave the lights on longer than 12 hours for photos at night AF go's to sleep ? This happens after 14 hours of light :confused::confused: I my other plants stay awake if the lights are left on.

Yes it is very light sensitive and folds its leaves when light goes down.. Also when its touched it folds its leaves.. I yet didn't play with lights duration, also din't take pictures at night for a long time so didn't leave the lights on.. I give it try and see what it does.. Maybe it has some biological clock, how is that called again Carcadian Rythme?..

Ive noticed in the past with a mimosa, this plants is very simular and it closed it leaves when daylight got less it didn't even react on artificial light.. There probably also is something (spectrum) in the daylight, some artificial lights can not produce. I have no idea, just a guess. My tank with the AF also stands in a room with 2 windows getting indirect daylight... :)

Yes it is very light sensitive and folds its leaves when light goes down.. Also when its touched it folds its leaves.. I yet didn't play with lights duration, also din't take pictures at night for a long time so didn't leave the lights on.. I give it try and see what it does.. Maybe it has some biological clock, how is that called again Carcadian Rythme?..

Ive noticed in the past with a mimosa, this plants is very simular and it closed it leaves when daylight got less it didn't even react on artificial light.. There probably also is something (spectrum) in the daylight, some artificial lights can not produce. I have no idea, just a guess. My tank with the AF also stands in a room with 2 windows getting indirect daylight... :)

Hi Marcel, Could be circadian rhythm and mine folds up when touched as well :)my AF gets indirect sunlight from one window. Strange things plants :D

my AF gets indirect sunlight from one window
Then maybe you have to test it with a day without any tank lights and see when it opens and closes again.. It might be it reacts rather to the daylight than the tank light.. :)
I know Mimosa Pudica does, didn't think of it to see if AF does the same, i gues it does.. Btw for the people intrested there also is a Water Mimosa - Neptunia oleracea
Has a different flower, but rest is simular.. So if AF is not available NO might be another option to go for.. Without flower the difference is hardly noticable. Not yet found the NO, but also yet didn't realy searched or asked.. :)

Back