• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

a noob tank "RTFM" trigon corner tank

urgh really struggling with a white fluffy algae on the moss and the wood around the moss.

I have cleaned filter done a partial water change turned up the co2 to maximum
Are you sure it is an algae and not a mould from the wood? Could you post a picture?

8566120242_2e24308bfc_b.jpg

8566121958_c1c1d0bf84_b.jpg

sorry for the poor quality

any thoughts on best way to deal with this? I have turned up the co2 as far as I can. I have cleaned filter and done a 50% water change

I am double dosing liquid carbon

anything else?

This is looking really good, the new stems at the centre rear have really added to the depth of the scape. It has a really nice shape, and a little trimming of the hygrophila at the right will highlight that further.

I am getting the impression that planted tanks reflect a lot of the owners (hence why mine is such a mess!)
your tank looks very organised and well thought out to me :thumbup:
Cheerio,
Ady.

lovely setup really like this scape and I know that corner tanks are supposed to be hard to scape :clap:

Dean

I would appreciate some advice:

the Amazon swords on the right are starting to take over this tank... Can someone suggest a replacement plant that has a similar leaf shape that is not quite as virulent.

I am also not happy with the Pogostemon stellatus on the rear left. A suggestion for another type of plant would be appreciated

cheers

Back