• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA 60fs Last Chance

Is that what the burnt looking substrate is ?

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Also I have my bps very high how do some people manage to have 1 bps etc obviously the plan is ti get plants matured and started growing then lift light and drop co2 is that correct

Thanks dean

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

ok planted the monte carlo 2 days ago but really don't think going to work and I am now pretty sure its the substrate everything is dusty including the plants and the substrate is like a thick clay in places and if disturbed at all makes the aquarium dusty for a day, decided now think I have had enough and going to purchase a new aquarium and new substrate etc always wished I purchased a deeper aquarium anyway as so limited with hardscape and fauna in the shallow, was originally waning a 90cm NA but as just put up cabinet etc think might just get a deeper 60cm maybe the 60-p I know this has been discussed 100 times but thoughts on 60-p vrs same dimension do-aqua ? its £35 cheaper for a start lol glass thickness the same ? also you think will be ok to drain water from my aquarium and grow monte carlo out of water until new aquarium arrives etc ? and opinions on substrate would be great defiantly not ada powder lol

any help of thoughts would be great and thanks for reading so far
Dean

I think its only a case of option white glass between them?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

cheers ali so ada meant to be a little clearer ? you think worth the extra £35

you think sounds like a good idea fox fish ? and agree no its substrate at fault but don't want to just change that want a deeper tank and no I have had enough of my shallow lol

Thanks

Sorry to hear you've had enough. ,
I've always had my suspicions about the substrate as Ive mentioned in earlier posts but I am far no expert.
If your anywhere near me I will have your shallow tank. :)
Save the 35 sheets and that pays for the aqua soil :)
Cheers

Sent from my mobile telecommunications device

cheers mate (the quote button doesn't seem to work for me) and I know a few people said it but I actually believe you were correct now, and I suppose you right that could pay for substrate what substrate you recommend and what you think about draining tank and growing until new tank arrives could that work ?

If I were you I'd sell the 60f, and with the money from that I'd buy a cheap 60cm tank.

Then buy some cat litter or similar, and go back to basics. I tried full on hi tec too soon in my planted tank career and it didn't go too well. Now I'm going with fairly easy to grow plants and liquid carbon and Ei and am getting good results.

Why spend a lot of money on another ADA tank when it could all go horribly wrong again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad you're not giving up, and you'll find new challenges in a larger tank. I agree with Sam, if you want and ada or do aqua, then get the do aqua, and then you can get some more stuff with the money saved.

Good luck with it, and i can't wait to see it started, as I'm sure it'll be a success.

Really like your tank mate. I now fancy a 60 f too .:D

Thanks guys how many litres is the 60p ? I want a larger tank in future maybe a 90cm NA but that's a massive outlay of cash but I already have all the equipment cabinet ect that's the only thing, like Ian says might go for the do aqua one and that will pay for substrate and some new rocks and go for a iwagumi layout again, sticking with high tech as spent fortune on equipment and going to make it work, thanks Ian and no not giving up I will never give up I really love admiring your and other people scapes and want people to come in my house and do the same. Always thought next tank would be a lot larger but like I say already have all the equipment for a 60cm so think will stick with that for now until it works, my filter etc should still be strong enough and I hate that I cannot have long stem plants in the shallow as only 13cm or so to play with so they don't go lovely red at top or anything, you think use the inline atomiser then Sam ? And Ada substrate but not the powder

Also anyone know if I will be able to drain water and save the plants growing then out of water like dry start until new equipment or will it damage as been in water for few days already ?

Thanks Dean

cannot make mind up mate but a whole new setup will be a huge outlay for stand and tank and lights etc that the only thing can get 60cm do aqua 36cm deep for £116 then substrate so say £150 my filter should still be strong enough I image ? and would you renew the sponge pads ? still busy looking at people 60p aquariums lol

does anyone know id can drain water and save the monte carlo currently in tank just grow it out of water (like dry start)
Dean

I don't know if you have a locale face book eBay? there are just loads of tanks for sale on the Guernsey FB eBay page!
I have seen lots of tanks for just a few £s, I would not worry about opti glass or ADA mate just get a basic bigger tank.

I agree with foxfish in a way although it is nice to have good quality stuff and you know that a decent tank would last years .

If you have got the spare monies then why not , life's about having good things .

But if you haven't then I would just keep on the look out for a bargain of a tank and sell the one you have to fund it without spending any extra dosh.

Because at the end of the day it's inside of the tank is what really counts .
:)
Hope this helps
Cheers

Sent from my mobile telecommunications device

Back