• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ada 60P - nature aquarium

Le plaisir est partagé.;)

V1.0 final version:

180828064259310430.jpg

V2.0 in progress:

180828064218896098.jpg

Put the P erectus in the most light & CO2 deprived area of the tank so it remains a miniaturized version of itself ;)

I (almost) prefer it in my low tech tanks :)
(where it’s a relatively slow growing & restrained version of itself)

Same ram in both photos?
(or 2 males re “blue spangles” )

Thanks guys!

Alto: P.Erectus is in the background so not Much light and CO2 there, we'll see how big it gets.
Also in the two pics it's the male (just in), female was hiding. I'll take new pics once they have coloured a bit ;)

Yes,BBA nose hairs...:pompus:

In vitro H.pinnitifia is starting to propagate in the jungle;
180919040205641072.jpg

My rams won't eat anything yet, what do you feed them guys? Thanks

180919040230463154.jpg

180919040235192021.jpg

How warm is your tank? Rams like it hot. Also in that last pic of the ram it looks like it has clear stringy faeces hanging from it so may be worms. I find a lot of tank bred dwarf cichlids seem to carry these.

Cheers

Conor

How warm is your tank? Rams like it hot. Also in that last pic of the ram it looks like it has clear stringy faeces hanging from it so may be worms. I find a lot of tank bred dwarf cichlids seem to carry these.

Cheers

Conor

Actually water is 24-25 degrees but I'm planning to buy an inline hydor heater to get 27 degrees, don't wanna get too hot because of riccardia.

Is 27 degrees gonna be Okay for rams?

They make white poo, could that be worms as you said?

My LFS told me they gave them frozen food...I'm gonna try this.

They seem very calm and not stressed at the moment but not active at All....

Actually water is 24-25 degrees but I'm planning to buy an inline hydor heater to get 27 degrees, don't wanna get too hot because of riccardia.

Is 27 degrees gonna be Okay for rams?

They make white poo, could that be worms as you said?

My LFS told me they gave them frozen food...I'm gonna try this.

They seem very calm and not stressed at the moment but not active at All....

I'd try bumping up the temperature abit more if I was you, try 27 and see if it makes any difference. Should hopefully speed up their metabolism. Then try them with something like frozen bloodworm, if they say no to that then you know you have a problem.

Let us know how you get on with those changes. May then be a case of having to worm the fish if you don't have any luck.

Cheers

Conor

Well, the rams have had a little bit more interest in the frozen bloodworms than the flakes but they don't seem very happy, I should receive my heater this week.

Pic of the tank before big trim and WC, any tips about trimming rotala? Thanks

180922035537360042.jpg

Cheers

Well, the rams have had a little bit more interest in the frozen bloodworms than the flakes but they don't seem very happy, I should receive my heater this week.

Pic of the tank before big trim and WC, any tips about trimming rotala? Thanks

180922035537360042.jpg

Cheers

Depending on what you want to achieve with the Rotala - for that dense bushy look, you should build up from the bottom, trimming very low the first couple of times.
The stems usually splits into 1-3 new stems every time they are cut back.

If you want them less bushy you just cut a bit higher

The rams in the photo don't look massively unhappy... they are quite colourful. It might be worth seeing what type of food they were fed where you got them from?

Thanks Shinobi for the tip, after trimming;

180923020007889145.jpg

Matt: LFS told me they were feeded with frozen artemias and bloodworms that´s why I've tried these.
It seems that my water is way too cold (23 degrees), that may explain that they aren't very active yet

Last edited:
Back