• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

Amano Shrimp Breeding Second Attempt

Got back off hols today to find one of my females from the first brood that i raised has berried. Hopefully in this heat it will be a short development period.

how do you do such green soup? some yeast? 24/7 light on?

I have just moved them accross to my green soup mix...and I have new larger growing tank with secret recipe mix!, picture here.

20130321230543.jpg

Hi, I'm new to everything aquatic and will explain more in newcomer section...if there is one, I haven't looked yet .
Anyway I was just having a quick flick through and this post caught my eye as amarnos and the lack of successful breeding or conclusive information on the subject is becoming an irrational itch I cannot scratch, in fact make that a full body rash.
Until a few weeks ago I didn't know anything about aquatics other than goldfish go to the toilet a lot, so sorry if this is a waste of time but I was just wandering if anyone had seen this guy on YouTube and if it is likely to be genuine?

The odd bits I understand about salinity and feeding seem to tie in?

Back