• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Re: Aquagreen (light ramping)

Whitey89 said:
Ha, bit of banter.

Yeah, I kinda chose to :rolleyes:

Ditto. And don't get me started on women drivers after today lol :lol: :lol:

I feel an irrational over reaction coming on....

ldcgroomer said:
I feel an irrational over reaction coming on....

Im sure you are above that :) And just so you dont make us all duck for cover I can confirm that its just banter :angelic: My mum is one of the safest women drivers in the world.... she has NEVER had an accident !!! (Mind you, she has SEEN thousands :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Anyway ldc, hows your tank coming along ? Did you manage to turn your nymphoides around ?

S'ok get it a lot. Once rescued a guy stuck in the snow by putting my snow chains on his car. His face was a picture "you know how to put them on?"
Going to order the stuff Clive recommended for the plant

ldcgroomer said:
S'ok get it a lot. Once rescued a guy stuck in the snow by putting my snow chains on his car. His face was a picture "you know how to put them on?"
Going to order the stuff Clive recommended for the plant

Good luck then, its a great plant ! Haha I can quite imagine. Not many people know how to use chains. I am fortunate.. I know all about them having lived in the South Island of New Zealand. Seen a few cars scratched to bits where tourists had not put them on properly and they came loose and made a nice mess of the paintwork :rolleyes:

crisp. I do like your style. Mark evens tribute in the foreground?

cheers Darren, and yep, you gotta hand it to the Evans and his photography skills. The new catalogue is great.

Love it truly an inspiration :clap: How long do you have your lights on for ? and what is the PH of the tank ?

thank you very much sdlra...i'll give a quick run down on what i'm doing at present

Filter = Eheim 2073 with glass lily in and outflow, the outflow is the one that shoots directly across the tank rather than down at the substrate. Media = Matrix, high grade carbon and zeolite, sponge and purigen.

Lighting = TMC 2x grobeams leds, on from 1500 - 2200

CO2 = 1bps via an inline diffuser

ferts = 7ml of TNC complete daily and flourish fe every other day

Substrate = columbo florabase

Water = RO cut with tap, GH 9, Ph 6.4. Change about 20% twice a week at present.

Thanks for the info look forward to updates

ldcgroomer said:
Before you start on women I think my husband would find it very difficult to get excited about tank lighting so not a gender thing. Infact he struggles with the whole tank thing so I was very pleased when he said recently that the tanks were looking 'nice'. Then again I like cars too so maybe I'm a freak woman...

Either that or the husband has a very feminine side cough cough ;), or you a slight masculine side.......ha

( hole dug)

Anyway tanks looking great Ian lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Aquagreen (bright light!)

2 months on...got a crispus red a few weeks back from Mark (cheers), and all of a sudden it's let rip!

heres a shot with loads of light over the top of the tank (2x LEDS, 2x 24w T5's and 2 18w T8's)

7797259806_a663b8ed24.jpg
aquawhite by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

Cor blimey guv, its good.

I love the overexposure at the top. Makes it look like theres no water in there :thumbup: . Mind you, your water is always so clear it looks like its empty anyway, LOL

Back