• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Yes, they are otos. Well done. Make sure their belly is always full and throw in a cucumber or broccoli every now and then to keep them happy. How many did you end up getting?

Yes, they are otos. Well done. Make sure their belly is always full and throw in a cucumber or broccoli every now and then to keep them happy. How many did you end up getting?

Good thing because I saw something similar but but then again I look closer much like a thin slender cory.

Got them 4 for $50. Bought also some food for them
17c17fc199940750af439481e5701066.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 for $50??! Jesus, that's expensive. They are usually 2-3 $ each. Are they wild caught maybe?

Sorry for the confusion, I live in Hong Kong so that's in Hkd. Yah, they are quite expensive as I bought them in a shop that usually has higher price tag on their fishes. I'm sure they are quality as I can see their setup and seems equipment and fishes are in best shape. I try to avoid buying the one in plastic bags as they tend to be so stress already and might not be able to bring them home alive. I don't think they are wild caught but who knows? Inasmuch as I want to chat with the sellers, all I can really say is the price.

It's ironic that the goldfish street is a street full of fish shops, aquarium and everything in between but I haven't found my "favorite" yet as I am really struggling in communicating with them.

Actually the atomizer is in the best position I want.
my small contribution:
Change the poppy glass into a regular lily pipe. Because a poppy glass don't have an good flow.
Your flow must transport the CO2 through the tank. So position the diffuser on the other side of the tank; that gives a much better circulation!

***Sad update***

Saw one of my cherry crystal is dead!

55e136e97ea678af48ffabad148c08a9.jpg

I bought 3. Now I am trying to find the other one. I hope it's just hiding...

my small contribution:
Change the poppy glass into a regular lily pipe. Because a poppy glass don't have an good flow.
Your flow must transport the CO2 through the tank. So position the diffuser on the other side of the tank; that gives a much better circulation!

Thanks for advise. I think my glass pipes are wrong move from me. I am looking at replacing them maybe with the one that came with the filter, but for now maybe I will try get my money's worth. Duly noted on your recommendation.

Need help. I am having problem connecting this skimmer I previously bought way before I have my aquarium for a different purpose back then
skimmer.JPG

I have a small HOB filter (similar on the below image) from my previous small tank that I want to utilize for some quick skimming of my current tanks water surface.

hob.JPG

Is this even possible? If so, what do you use to connect them. I've got the same problem on a small water pump I've bought where the out port is somewhat bigger in circumference of a normal airpump tubing.

This skimmer works separately from a filter. So perfect for your tank
View attachment 96150

Thanks for the sample. However, I am just thinking how I can utilize the things I currently have.

I may need to do some diy to make it work. How many sizes are there for tubing really? Getting confuse about the sizes. I am ot even sure what size is the tubing from my filter.

Last edited:
Need help. I am having problem connecting this skimmer I previously bought way before I have my aquarium for a different purpose back then
View attachment 96148

I have a small HOB filter (similar on the below image) from my previous small tank that I want to utilize for some quick skimming of my current tanks water surface.

View attachment 96149

Is this even possible? If so, what do you use to connect them. I've got the same problem on a small water pump I've bought where the out port is somewhat bigger in circumference of a normal airpump tubing.
Apparently that skimmer is designed for canister filter. However you can try to connect the skimmer and hob with a hose?? Just measure the outer diameter of hob input and skimmer. You can bring along your skimmer and hob to a hardware shop so that you can directly test with the rubber hose.

Sent from my MX4 using Tapatalk

Apparently that skimmer is designed for canister filter. However you can try to connect the skimmer and hob with a hose?? Just measure the outer diameter of hob input and skimmer. You can bring along your skimmer and hob to a hardware shop so that you can directly test with the rubber hose.

Exactly what I have in mind. I already tried positioning them and the only problem I am having now is the size of tubing.

Exactly what I have in mind. I already tried positioning them and the only problem I am having now is the size of tubing.

Just measure the outer diameter of just bring your hob and skimmer to hardware shop and test on different size of hose.

Just measure the outer diameter of just bring your hob and skimmer to hardware shop and test on different size of hose.

I need to learn more about tubing. I thought there are just few like 9mm 16mm 22mm like the one on lily pipes.

It's ironic that the goldfish street is a street full of fish shops, aquarium and everything in between but I haven't found my "favorite" yet as I am really struggling in communicating with them.

That's great. :woot:
I've 'visit' this street by Google Maps streetview. I wish there were so many aqua stores in my city :lol:

I've 'visit' this street by Google Maps streetview. I wish there were so many aqua stores in my city
there also got a Cantonese slang about gold fish ->金鱼佬. If Translate literally mean gold fish man. It is originated from some case in 60s of last century when some men using children's interest in animals such as goldfish to lure them out and .....:X. Those man we called gold fish man

I've 'visit' this street by Google Maps streetview. I wish there were so many aqua stores in my city :lol:

That place is a one stop shop for all fish hobbies. Just need to check each shop to get the best value for money.

there also got a Cantonese slang about gold fish ->金鱼佬. If Translate literally mean gold fish man. It is originated from some case in 60s of last century when some men using children's interest in animals such as goldfish to lure them out and .....:X. Those man we called gold fish man

Nice share. Never know that. Thought just because of fishes on the street

c89a638c295e8536aacdd3fc4f22d01a.jpg

While my 3 ottos seem to adjust already, this one seems to got all frightened. Tried to poke a stick but will not budge (just wanna make sure its not dead)

I will do some planting tomorrow and hopefully it will not die

Nice share. Never know that. Thought just because of fishes on the street

Err, actually that name gold fish street remind me of that words. That street not named because of that incident

Back