• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cheap RGB Light for 45P

Tim Harrison

Administrator
UKAPS Team
Anyone recommend a cheap as chips controllable (dimmable) RGB LED for an ADA Cube Garden 45P. It's for my new scape, my old Superfish fluorescent is a bit undersized and isn't quite up to the job.

Superfish Scape LED 64, sells for £59.99 most places. Got one over a 45cm scape in work.

1688121377845.jpeg

1688121404329.jpeg

The dimmer/timer is separate Tim:

1688123302747.jpeg

£29.99

Someone else may be able to verify this, but think the Twinstar inline controller works on these units. If you have one of them laying about you should be able to use that as the timer/dimmer.

Thanks for the suggestions. I like the look of the Twinstar, RGB, cheap, dimmable etc, and comes with a controller.
One of our sponsors Riverwood Aquatics has two, version II.

P.S. Now only 1 left

Really pleased with this little light. It's amazing value for money, the quality is pretty good. Also, the colour rendition is just as appealing as the Twinstar S range. The builtin controllability is a great bonus.

I've read some reviews were folk criticise it for not being bright enough, but It has more than enough lumens to grow pretty much anything, even demanding plants. Either way, I'm sure Clive @ceg4048 would have something to say about Klingons and photon torpedos:p I can't really understand why similar lights have such a huge price tag. Well I can actually. . .

IMG_7528.jpeg

IMG_7533.jpeg

It had a European type plug with a UK type adapter plug. Couldn’t see how both went together at first. There were lugs in the way and the opening in the UK plug adaptor was slightly too small.

I figured it out eventually with the help of brute force and a Stanley knife. The transformer gets quite hot though. Maybe I should buy a new one. Any suggestions Graham?

Attachments

• IMG_7524.jpeg
    IMG_7524.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_7534.jpeg
    IMG_7534.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 64
Back