• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Crypts not growing nicely

Spu34dd

Seedling
Hi All

I have some crypts (I believe the are wendtii) they are growing quite rapidly around my tank as in many runners, but they dont seem to get taller and thicker.
The strange thing is when i first bought it, it didnt run at all and grew very thick and was lovely, now its had a change of mind.
Any tips to get it thicker and taller? Should I be cutting the runners off?

Also how can you stop fish destroying the plants?

Thanks in advance
160L tank
2xT8 30W (I think)

I'm growing wendtii pretty small and it makes runners lik a champ., actualy the most fanatic runner making crypt in my tank. I kinda like it that small.. But it's is a 100L non co2 and rather low light tank..

That's crypt wendtii addaptability, if you want it larger and thicker, you maybe need to up the light and or add CO2.. 2 x30 watt on 160L aint that much..

Personaly i have no experience with a freshly bought wendtii, in my case it came as a tiny baby plant sneak in with some other plants a bought privately from another hobbyist. And now i have 6 small wendtii's in my tank..

But commercialy bought in an LFS it is a bigger emersed nursed plant you buy. These are always big and thick and lush from the start. But need to go through a transition to submersed form. So what you see now is probably what i see with mine, a to submersed transitioned wendtii in a low energy tank. :)

Back