• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Deans 60p

Looking good dude !!
Where did you get the Lilly pipes ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Purchased inlet and outlet set from co2art and diffuser at half price only £22 for the newsy model so very decent price, looks huge the outlet in my tank but least doesn't say alert low flow lol also ripples the surface a lot so will be able to remove eheim skim, just hope dont loose co2 as forces water straight to surface, hope to get lights rigged up next week so set 2 at 50% each or maybe a little more rather than one light at full wack, going to start water changes every 3rd day now hopefully get some shrimp in few weeks,

Find it hard to keep glass very clean as wipe it with cloth and leaved water marks lol

Thanks Dean

How did you get it for half price ??
Sounds like your on the right path with this one ,
Good luck ;)

How did you get it for half price ??
Sounds like your on the right path with this one ,
Good luck ;)

Have a look on the site there just on offer mate, cheers and I hope so just want great growth lol, leaving the stems for now but really want just Monte Carlo and repens for a nice iwagumi then a lovely shoal of green tetras maybe, or some small fish, how do you clean your glass mate ? Hope the g6 isn't too much flow in my tank

how is your tank going ?

Thanks Dean

Can't seem to see any half price lily sets on their site .

Well your tanks look good now :)
I'm starting another tank pretty soon and my current tank has dropped to a low tech low maintenance with immigrating algea. :)

No the diffuser was half price not the lily pipes mate, seeing some deficiencys in the plants browning and thining leaves, also the stems are very brown at bottoms behind large rock, want these out soon an more Monte Carlo in there just want to see healthy plants first, wasn't in today to see the drop checker or anything since changing the inline few pics

u2ysa2e5.jpg

Stems very closely planted and brown on. Bottom during water change

7a7yje5u.jpg

aqeme2y3.jpg

ajenezy5.jpg

y3uqe4uj.jpg

Any ideas on what else could do ? You think lack of co2 ?

Still dosing EI 20ml daily and bps is 4-5 and light around 30 from surface

Thanks Dean

When I planted my Montecarlo the original leaves went a bit manky looking but the new growth was perfect. Yours looks the same.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Go so mate but all leves browsing but see how goes this week cheers mate

Thanks Dean

the Monte Carlow in the high flow areas looks worse for wear and very brown and melting, think I might try reducing the flow as blowing all over had 4 floaters tonight when finished work and seems to look worse since fit 17mm lily,is it ok to reduce flow on the fluval g6 using the silver lever that cuts off flow for maintenance maybe just knock down to 70-80% ?

thanks dean

Stick with it mate, I'm sure it'll settle down after a few weeks, I'd trim off the worse bits though. I can't really comment on the filter but it couldn't hurt to knock it down a bit.

BTW have you sorted out your light yet?

Stick with it mate, I'm sure it'll settle down after a few weeks, I'd trim off the worse bits though. I can't really comment on the filter but it couldn't hurt to knock it down a bit.

BTW have you sorted out your light yet?

Going to crack on with light next week mate as working this week, so hopefully up next week, when I am off I will knock filter down slightly but if still gets worse I might hook up my eheim filter witch would be a lot less flow but maybe too much is bad ?

Yeah might trim off bad leaves but last time looked like had nothing in when done that would rather see recovery, had to do anything or watch whats happening when working 12 hour shifts, plants under the outlet look good but inline of flow are very this and away all over but working today and tomorro so see better then

Cutting the flow would cut both inlet and outlet that's the only thing but slightly would be ok I imagine

Also few pics of deterioration
eganeqa5.jpg

Glass has a brown algae on it what algae you think ?

6egetequ.jpg

ymy2umat.jpg

aveha9um.jpg

uzapyjuh.jpg

You can see browning and fading away of leaves trimmed a few bits tonight when done water change will keep doing every other day, think the new lily pipe forces co2 to surface and a lot might be wasted instead of going forward going to knock filter down slightly if not might try smaller filter or back to the 13mm lily pipes

Thanks Dean

Last edited:
Relised yesterday as got the mrs to check drop checker was only lime green so think its down to the new lily pipe forcing co2 to surface and loosing a lot of it so left the 17mm heater and diffuser and put the 13mm lily pipe on and flow is better about 50% or so, maybe diffuser cut flow further, flow is much better not as strong and not hitting surface as much.so hopefully better today an start to see improvement

Had a mishap with inline diffuser I had clear tubing on and came home to soaking floor and wet cabinet, no matter what I tried couldn't get to seal tried the bits provided but didn't work tried hose clips but the same eventually after numerous tried got sealed going to get in touch with co2 art today, also tried the fluval pipe but still no luck, the barbs on heater never leak but had a right hassle getting diffuser sealed

Thanks Dean

yeah that's what I mean by hose clips but hopefully seals and will get some eheim tube this week will put update pics up tomorrow

Dean

Hi mate, nice scape! Hopefully you can get your Monte Carlo sorted as it's an awesome carpeting plant!

Quick update James, doing ok but browning so fitted my spray at back on to see of any difference , will be taking ph readings tomorro and will post results, lights down to 50% , people keep saying up the lights but I always read that more lights mean harder to control and requires more co2 etc so just turned down to hopefully see growth, some pic before spray at added
buzetyta.jpg

Will add more tomorro

Thanks Dean

Lights look good there mate, more light means more everything else including effort and if you work shifts there is no time for that

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

been a while but been very busy lately, the plants arnt looking great at all, I am pretty sure now the problem is co2 as the plants melt and go brown round the edges and have general deficiency's I still have spraybar and inline atomiser but makes large bubbles so think need to clean out, is it best to have 2 atomisers and clean one at a time while other is used ? but even when I have a clean atomiser seemed to get deficiency's.

flow seems great and light is only 50% and for the so called snail free tropica plants I have millions lol put some lettuce in water other day but the didn't go onto it, been picking them out for now anyone have any tips on c02 ? weird as get the correct PH drop and yellow drop checker but still get browning and dying leaves and now getting holed leaves

any help would be appreciated
Dean

Back