• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Get excited and make something.

hope you don't mind Garuf, but can i add some pics i took in the park this morning...

flower1.jpg

flower2.jpg

flower3.jpg

flower4.jpg

flower5.jpg

lady1.jpg

lady2.jpg

lady3.jpg

<3 this time of year!

There seems to be a ladybird swarm around where I work at the moment. Great to see :) I was just sitting on a bench in the sun watching 4 or 5 scurrying around, and playing with a little jumping spider too.

there appears to be swarms around here too!

sign of a good summer.

looks like there may be some more swarms to come as well...

lady4.jpg

hahaha, ladybird action.
Nah, I don't mind at all, it's exactly what I hoped this thread would do.
DSC_2223.jpg

DSC_2210.jpg

DSC_2209.jpg

DSC_2266.jpg

Sorry, Ryan, I missed your question, it's heather. I was lucky enough to find several dead plants up on't the moors that ended up being pretty much perfect, oli knott style pieces when I started scaping.

Glad you like it. Shrimp now has plenty of shrimp racks to show off. None have the shrimp and mosses that Novina has, but this next one sets the benchmark for nicely decorating your fish room:

aquaklein.jpg

Source: shrimpnow forum, member 'shrimpkeeper'

The tanks are very nice too ;)
Journal here: http://www.shrimpnow.com/forums/showthr ... rimp-tanks

It won't take 2 days to read this one!

No problem garuf, lovely looking wood,was that the cheap dennerle you picked up? So turned out to be another proper cheap little set up aye,

Any chance it came With the little filter with spray bar, I really want one I'll pay :)

Nice picture, since getting into this hobby I really appreciate my surroundings more, even taking the odd Saturday to go to a garden centre with nanny Steele haha. Great thread

Yeah, I've not spent anything on it specifically so I'm in good!

Id did, I'm not sure i'd want to part with it though, what are you planning?
Yeah, I feel I appreciate the smaller things much more now.

And, thank you everyone for the "props" and contributions. :)

That's cheap then...nothing haha

My sister has the 10L but the bung in the end of the spray bar is gone, and she's showing signs of loosing interest with it, so I wanted to nip it in the bud as it where haha. I don't mind mate ill grab on of ebay there on the for 15quid.

Little mosses on walls and fences are now amazing haha

I hear you.
Spent my first money on the tank (£8) for some unidentified rotalla and some echinodorus tennelus both of which are floating about till I have a free hour or so to plant them. Every day water changes currently.

Hopefully I'll find some time in my schedule this week for a couple of mega posts, deadline season.

Seems a shame that this thread is getting buried down the active topics list. So....

If weird\rare plant species gets you excited to make something, and it certainly does for me, then this should help!

For the fern lovers.

32975928.jpg

http://aquatomsr.exblog.jp/12140060/
and

bf.jpg

gg.jpg

http://www.grassyaqua.com/repo_bg.html

Lots more pics if you follow the links.
Thanks to Gerard for the links.
(I think I might have the bolbitis sp. guinea shown in the first pic, but they are all so similar it is hard to tell)

Cheers Matt, there won't be any GEAMS from me for a week or two at least, uni deadlines are just too tight on this latest project.

Great link, keep them don't.

Garuf said:
Cheers Matt, there won't be any GEAMS from me for a week or two at least, uni deadlines are just too tight on this latest project.

Great link, keep them don't.

I remember you saying you would be busy, so that is why I posted instead :)

Good luck with your work.

I meant to say "don't keep them to yourself" Not "keep them don't" that's just plain silly.

I'll post up as and what when I get chance, very early stages at the minute but research always eats up your time the worst, design is easy once you understand the genus loci.

Matt, I'm jealous of your shrimp! I wish I could keep the things alive for long enough to get a f1 generation!

I'm nervous about getting to F1 too! Being wild caught and new to the hobby I do not know how sensitive they are. At a guess... very. One of the serratas is ready to drop any day. I'll keep my journal bang up to date with my progress :)

Here is a GEAM from Antoni:

Antoni said:
I thought it will be good to share this with you all:

http://gallery.pictopia.com/natgeo/gallery/112990/photo/9327728/?o=16 - An awesome natural scape right in the World's largest cave passage - Vietnam Hang Son Doong.

Here some more nice shots from the cave http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2011/01/largest-cave/peter-photography

(the pics are embedded in a flash gallery so I can not get them to view in the thread, they're worth a click people!).

P1010425.jpg

Ignore the floating E.T. Don't think it's right for the scape so decided against planting it but don't have the heart to throw it out. :lol:

Back