• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hunters Realm

Found a new home for the barb, and will be collected this evening.
I have a Huge dliema though, just received available plant list, and it is in pennies. Must must must must must must must must resist

Will Do tomorrow, water is clearing as no running cold water in our house atm, So cant do a water change this week. And plants that came have murked up the water a bit, because I could not rinse them. . new filter is going well, but can't adlust the angle of the spray bar which is a shame. is stuck facing up and wanted it angles towards the top.

BN Plecs are doing well and pooping as they do.

Going fish shopping in the the morning for the centrepeice fish pair

Well my Day just got a whole lot better. Found out Maidenhead Aquatics has opened a branch in coventry, so going there in the morning. Rang them and they have a large trop section.

So how was it, up to the same quality as other MA's around? Might pop down there tomorrow. Says they're open 7 days a week :)

Yep same quality as other Stores with a Large trop section and Have kept the Marine section that had been installed, but smaller scale. They are going to be a big boost for the coventry area, and they have been open since january. Although Only fully stocked since the end of Feb.

More pics please Gill.

Have to say while it is nice to see an MA in Coventry, they could have chosen a better place. I really dont like that building, its got a stupid pole in the middle of what is a tiny carpark anyway. Layout is better than what that place used to be,but it is hardly a big livestock section for freshwater. Half the store is geared for Marine. That might sound big, but its not. Its a very limited area that would be average for most MAs. I wont be using it, shame really.

I take it Robins place has actually closed down? So all we have is this and a couple Pets at Home :bawling:

Im glad I have internet and a car.

I think robins place is still going but not too well.
Been and had a look round this morning with Steveuk.
Liked it, some interesting tanks, Variety of fish was ok. No shrimp rack, but may do something in the future.
Yeah the stupid pole is annoying for parking, but there is plenty of parking around the place. so not an issue.
They still have a bit of stock left over from the old place, so there are a few bargains to be had.
Going to take the little one with me in the morning and have a good look round, They had a few interesting fish in the trop section, saw some Nice scarlet badis and betta brownurum. As most of it is new stock there were a few tanks with whitespot and fungus.
It is still a long way off, of having a decent store for the coventry area. it is a start though in the right direction. Internet will always have more selection and cheaper prices than retail.

I was pleased to see they were at least providing their plants with decent lighting (LED tiles) and had an OK selection of plants. Time will tell! I was in P@H Canley yesterday and most of their plants were melted and the light fixture they retro fitted ages ago wasn't even on.

The World of Water inside the Wyevale garden centre, out Dunchurch/Rugby way had some good fish in stock last weekend. Seemed to have some cheap shrimp too. Again, plants not so great but it's always been hit and miss.

Lol PAH planted tanks in both stores are full of all types of algae and melted plants and pest snails.
WOW is good for fish prices and they will do deals on larger purchases, they are also one of the cheapest places around for Ram cichlids of all color morphs and shape.

Bought something interesting I have not kept before. Betta Brownorum, look so nice once settled in and colored up. A smaller species of bubblenester, so should be interesting to see if I get a pair out of them.

Will take some more pix tonight

Ahh, you couldn't resist it? He was particularly handsome!

No, I was tempted by him though. I bought the ones you could not see as they were all in a tight group on the outlet. In the top tank.

Still not been able to do the water change, and Knackered my left knee by banging into the car door.
Did buy some bits and peices in poundland though. Going to ditch the acrylic planters as they are too big. Going to use simple plant pots, lined with jay cloth then tied with galvanised wire and hung off the side of the tank. Bought some Hostas tubers to try, as like how they look. Will use the cat litter as soil for the planters as nice and light and still have a bag and a half left. And going to try out those fert capsules from poundland.

Plants on my List to use:
Creeping Jenny
Peace Lilly
Palms
A few marginal pond plants,
Juncus
Hydrocoytle - pond varierty as larger and used before with great results. The roots from this are great for fry, and bubble nesters.

Bought a few marsh marigold roots, have left them floating as want to see how it grows this way. After 3 days, there are lots of shoots growing.

Back