• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

IFC Aquarium Fertilizer Calculator

Hello everyone,

Just trying to get stuck in to this, but when attempting to input my water report ppm in section 4, I am met with this pop up. Any ideas or am I just being an Excel noob and have missed something obvious?
Thanks a million!

Ryan

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-24 at 11.59.44.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-24 at 11.59.44.png
    473.8 KB · Views: 93
Hello everyone,

Just trying to get stuck in to this, but when attempting to input my water report ppm in section 4, I am met with this pop up. Any ideas or am I just being an Excel noob and have missed something obvious?
Thanks a million!

Ryan
I would suggest you have a read of the Guide sheet followed by the CoreSettings sheet where you can input your water report data.

Last edited:
I would suggest you have a read of the Guide sheet followed by the CoreSettings sheet where you can input your water report data.
Thanks for jumping on this so fast. I had actually read through the guide sheet and saw that I can input my water report data in the CoreSettings sheet, but it doesn't carry back across to the TargetCalculator sheet (for me at least), so I wasn't sure. Does this usually carry back across from CoreSettings to TargetCalculator, or have I missed a step along the way?

Thanks so much for your time,
Ryan

False alarm, turns out I missed a step on the TankAndDosing sheet.....🤦‍♂️

Thanks for jumping on this so fast. I had actually read through the guide sheet and saw that I can input my water report data in the CoreSettings sheet, but it doesn't carry back across to the TargetCalculator sheet (for me at least), so I wasn't sure. Does this usually carry back across from CoreSettings to TargetCalculator, or have I missed a step along the way?

Thanks so much for your time,
Ryan
It does. What version of the file are you using and what platform are you on?

@Ronoh and everyone.

I have integrated a fail safe error message in the next release to prevent this from happening to other people in the future. Although some things can be obvious for us, they might not be for everyone. Thank you @Ronoh for having brought this to our attention.

Screen Shot 2023-09-25 at 16.18.17.jpg

Note: if you delete your TAP Water Change Volume after entering all your Water Report information it will not matter anyway as the IFC calculator is designed not to account for any water report data if the TAP Water Change Volume is nil. The above error message simply makes it obvious to the user that TAP Water Change Volume needs to be added if they want their WR data to be accounted for in the calculators.

Still getting the same error with v1.3. Had hoped it might be resolved by now.
Sorry to hear that, esp since @Hanuman uses a Mac as well. I am more of a Windows and Android fanboy than Apple, being an ex -gamer and PC overclocker windows was always the natural choice for me. So I am no help at all with Mac errors unless its referring to the Mac Address of hardware. If we (Hanni) hasn't found the cause of the error already it doesn't look good for a resolution :eek:

@Zeus. Here in Denmark the decimal point is represented as a comma (eg. 10,00) instead of a dot. Would this cause any issues in the calculations ?
Good question, I dont think the IFC is friendly with the use of a comma for a decimal point. MSExcel may be fine with it when MSOffice is in your native language. Will need to check with @Hanuman as he is more the expert on that side of things

@Zeus. Here in Denmark the decimal point is represented as a comma (eg. 10,00) instead of a dot. Would this cause any issues in the calculations ?
Good question, I dont think the IFC is friendly with the use of a comma for a decimal point. MSExcel may be fine with it when MSOffice is in your native language. Will need to check with @Hanuman as he is more the expert on that side of things
This is a cosmetic thing for Excel. As long as Excel is configured to accept comas as decimal separators it will work, else Excel will refuse. Same thing the other way around. If comas are already working for you then it means Excel is set to have comas as decimal separator and not as thousand separator.

Under macOS:
Screen Shot 2023-12-02 at 08.06.53.jpg

Under Windows:
Screen Shot 2023-12-02 at 08.14.51.jpg

As you can see, I set Excel to use comas. Now decimals are showing with comas :
Screen Shot 2023-12-02 at 08.21.41.jpg

Last edited:
Still, numbers set in section "2. YOUR AREA WATER REPORT" in "Core Settings" are NOT transferred correctly to section 4 "CLONE WEEKLY TARGET" in "Target Calculator".
MMonis

I will have a look at this tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.
Still, numbers set in section "2. YOUR AREA WATER REPORT" in "Core Settings" are NOT transferred correctly to section 4 "CLONE WEEKLY TARGET" in "Target Calculator".
MMonis
Actually I just checked now. I don't see any issues with what you mentionned. Perhaps if you could be more specific that would help.
Just in case you are not seeing the same numbers between section "2. YOUR AREA WATER REPORT" in "Core Settings" and section 4 "CLONE WEEKLY TARGET" in "Target Calculator" it could simply be because you set a different volume for you TAP water change volume vs your Tank volume. The values taken in the water report take into consideration the volume you use to change the water.

I did discover a bug though which is not related to the above, so I have to thank @_Maq_ for making me look at the guts of the calculator again.
For those who are curious, and for my personal log, the bug presents itself as following:
Screen Shot 2023-12-03 at 07.41.15.jpg

But we get 0L WC in the Calculators:
Screen Shot 2023-12-03 at 07.21.28.jpg

Additional to that, the cell in TankAndDosing was also allowing negative and below depth values which should definately not happen as this would either exceed the tank volume and you would basically be poring water in your living room, or be changing water that does not exist. ;)
Screen Shot 2023-12-03 at 07.44.49.jpg

All this just because one very small omission:
Screen Shot 2023-12-03 at 09.18.42.jpg

This has been fixed and will be available on the next release along other enhancements and bug fixes.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I'm using this powerful sheet (and suggesting it everywhere with the credits and the link of ukaps) for ferts and ro.

But I have a question, my tank is 110x50x60h (I leave a space of about 2.5cm) so my height is 57,5cm. Glass thickness is 10mm. Then, I have around 11cm of Tropica soil (8 - 15cm front-back), 50 litres. To the total, I have to remove the 50L of tropica soil? So 292L - 50L (of tropica soil?)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-12-03-08-55-09-11_87869c5c71fa0655e350912352595c23.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-03-08-55-09-11_87869c5c71fa0655e350912352595c23.jpg
    479.5 KB · Views: 54
Hi guys, I'm using this powerful sheet (and suggesting it everywhere with the credits and the link of ukaps) for ferts and ro.

But I have a question, my tank is 110x50x60h (I leave a space of about 2.5cm) so my height is 57,5cm. Glass thickness is 10mm. Then, I have around 11cm of Tropica soil (8 - 15cm front-back), 50 litres. To the total, I have to remove the 50L of tropica soil? So 292L - 50L (of tropica soil?)
Its normal practice to just use the volume of water and just ignore any hardscape or media, we only need to be with a range so the actual level isn't that important

Its normal practice to just use the volume of water and just ignore any hardscape or media, we only need to be with a range so the actual level isn't that important
So, 110x50x60h, 330L, ignoring the 50L of tropica soil? I need for RO and the difference is quite big

Back