• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My 130ltr Tank - *Updated Pics*

My 130ltr Tank - Lots of Pics

I dont think my drop checker is accurate - its always yellow but i still get algae & not strong plant growth. I am dosing ei too so cant really aee whats going on wrong

Re: My 130ltr Tank - Lots of Pics

Just the ready made stuff from Aqua Essentials - don't need to add anything to it.

Getting seriosly annoyed with this hobby now. I just arent getting plant growth. My co2 is on like 5 bps 24/7 using the boyu inline diffuser - bubbles are all over my tank & so much so that the filter picks them up and spits them out every so often. Ferts by ei so nutriants shouldnt be an issue...
Yet i am not getting good growth :/ algae still grows... Its ridiculous.

How long do you have your lights on for mate? I'd leave the co2 off at night too. Will save you gas in the long run as its not needed at night.

Algae wise if it's the stuff on your hair grass, did you trim it like I mentioned mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours mate - but i can just tell i'm getting very little growth at all. Im pretty sure its due to lack of co2 . I remember when i first installed my boyu inline i was getting strong growth - maybe the bubbles im getting these days are too large? Ive ordered an up atomizer inline but not sure if my wave co2 reg will run it

Right ive switched my inline diffuser around so that co2 is going into my filter & will hopefully get 100% disolved in there! Should be no reason why co2 wouldnt be excellent now!

Hopefully it wont make my filter leak/explode/break though!

I'll keep you updated!

Mmm no pearling today - drop checker is yellow though.

This would indicate that it wasn't true pearling before & that it was just the co2 mist collecting on plant leaves!!

Hi all,

Updated pics here!

I think since I turned my Diffuser to go straight into the Filter it has made a difference already - plants seem greener & I finally seem to be getting growth in my hairgrass & Staurogyne.

Filter needs a clean out I think but I'll wait until my Purigen arrives so I can pop that in at the same time.

Much prefer the CO2 with no bubbles in the tank anyhow!

I am in need of some more fish though I think - Just cardinals is boring (I've added 4 baby guppies in this weekend that were not wanted in my parents fish tank). I wouldn't mind a larger species but I don't want them to eat whats left of my cherry shrimp (I'm pretty sure most of them have died due to overdosing flourish excel).

Anyway - some pics:

angle1o.jpg

sidebq.jpg

frontahx.jpg

img0134sb.jpg

img0135uc.jpg

img0136sj.jpg

front1e.jpg

So you've had the co2 to go in the filter for 5 days now?

I'll try that with my atomizer aswell. Hopefully the filter can cope.
Have you turned the co2 up or down as a consequence of no microbubbles all over the tank?

I thought one could get by with higher amounts of co2 in the tank without stressing the fish but as a benefit to the plants?? This might explain better growth in your tank? I don't know the physics of "reactors" in that way.

I've turned the bubbles down slightly & im confident i have "cracked" it now in terms of co2. The difference in such a short time period is stsggering. The whole tank is greener & i can see noticable growth already.

Annoyed! I got 6 rummy nose tetra last night & as soon as i put them in the tank they all started floating round upside down. Now this morning they are all dead! Could my co2 be too high? My cardinals are ok though :/ are rummynose sensitive to co2?

not especially no.

did you drip them properly to ph balance vs shop water etc or did you just chuck them in. I know it sounds like a silly question but you'd be amazed how many people just buy and tip

I put them in the bag for about an hour in the tank. Then opened a little hole n let them swim out! Within 5 mins they were all floating around or stuck to the filter inlet :/

that only temperature balances the water in the bag vs water in tank chances are the ph in the bag water was different to the ph in your tank water and the shock of a massive change killed them then.

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquarium/acclimate.php its a good starter guide. personally I drip them using some air tubing and a flow valve after a couple of hours fish go into a quarantine tank for a week before being added to the tank.

Mmm maybe i should of done the drip method. I feel irresponsible & stupid now :/

Will i be able to take them back to pets at home?

no idea tbh if they've got a clue they'll ask for a sample of your water and ask how you introduced them to your tank if you answer slowly dripped them and your water isn't completely full of ammonia etc then you may get them swapped (or you could lie and say they died in the bag on the way home)

rummies can be sensitiveish to water conditions (more so than other tetras) but they're still pretty tollerant have you tested your water to see just what its stats are?

Back