• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Love this scape ady it really is superb, hope you'll be entering iaplc really lovely setup :clap:
Thanks Tim.
Maybe enter iaplc, depends on whether i decide to take it down before the lace plant grows in...or if infact the lace plant grows in in time :p I may be downsizing my planted tank, or i may be leaving it as it is...im in a quandary at the moment :confused:
Hi Ady34, Congrats on a super Aquascape :thumbup:
Cheers Mike.

Maidenhair thinned and vallis out. Bring on the Lace plant....please :angelic:

P1130787_zps09f4e473.jpg

Cheerio,

Looking great Ady, can't help but feel as though you want to take this down :confused: you can send it my way if ya want :D

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Me too! Come on ady! Get some root tabs in there or summint

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Hi Well if you have Hamster or a small pet try the poo method :cool: From what i have read it works :)
I have a dog and a cat.....although that may be messy ;)
True or not I've actually read that lace plants arnt keen on a nutritious substrate......?
It's doing fine in my inert Maui sand, but like everything else its real slow, exaggerated by being situated in the most 'dead spot' of the tank. Kind of wish I'd kept hold of my old aponogeton crispus red now, that would be perfect.

Lol, thanks Alastair :)

The tanks looking amazing Ady:). Really matured looking in that last picture. Off topic,....how's the reef tank coming along?
Thanks Faizal, yeah it's mostly filled in now. Few places could be improved but nothing's ever perfect and it's a nice tank for the fish :)

Reef is going ok, enjoy the diversity of life in there but it is nice to just enjoy the fish and not be too involved with it. 15% weekly water change is a doddle ;) algae scraping is very frequent and algae on the sand is a pain but hey, it's a totally different experience which I'm liking, but a planted tank it is not!

Not great quality but here's a phone shot I shared on Facebook the other day:

vuza2abe.jpg

a4a4equv.jpg

Cheerio
Ady

Last edited:
Hi,
ive removed all the hydrocotle and staurogyne now as i felt they didn't really suit. The front right foreground needs some weight to balance things up, so i may try moving the lower anubias covered rock out a little. I wish id kept a little fissidens covered branch from the shrimp tank as this would have been perfect, if the anubias doesn't suit ill make up a moss mesh with some trimmings :)

P1140132_zps8bbd4f16.jpg

Cheerio,
Ady.

What a cozy home for fishes !!! It's amazing Ady :). I bet it's sort of running on auto pilot now....looks really well settled. Your fishes & shrimps must be really having a ball in there:cool:

Back