• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Nature's Envy" Chilli Rasbora Pics

Hi Aron, really well done there mate. The colours of the hardscape are working so well together.
Planted up this will look stunning.

One question (and this is probably me being thick, as no-one else has mentioned it!) but that bit of wood in the centre is sticking out the top of the tank... Im guessing you will have to cut that before all the lights etc go on, unless you are using some sort of luminaire? Whats your plans for this?

One question (and this is probably me being thick, as no-one else has mentioned it!) but that bit of wood in the centre is sticking out the top of the tank... Im guessing you will have to cut that before all the lights etc go on, unless you are using some sort of luminaire? Whats your plans for this?

Hi mate thanks.. Lights will be suspended above the tank on wire so the wood will be fine like that :) It will also give the tank a more natural look i think :thumbup:

By paste I mean shred/chop some fissidens really fine and then 'paint' the result onto rocks where you want it to grow and then you will have little bits of fissidens growing directly from the rock. Gives a gread mossy look. This only works if you are using the Dry Start Method on your tank though

By paste I mean shred/chop some fissidens really fine and then 'paint' the result onto rocks where you want it to grow and then you will have little bits of fissidens growing directly from the rock. Gives a gread mossy look. This only works if you are using the Dry Start Method on your tank though

Great idea.. How long would you say it needs to attach so you can fill it before it falls off? Nice idea :) so how would I go about doing this? Just chopped fissidens and water? And the humidity in the tank during a dry start would be sufficient to grow it from?

Sent from my Nexus 7

I've heard of mixed success with fissidens grown this way as its a fully aquatic moss usually.

I have tried it on a rock like this and it all looked good to begin with, I even submerged it after a couple of weeks and it held on quite well and seemed in good condition, well, until I put it in a tank with some flow, it just detached and floated away...

Maybe I didn't leave it long enough to attach.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Great idea.. How long would you say it needs to attach so you can fill it before it falls off? Nice idea :) so how would I go about doing this? Just chopped fissidens and water? And the humidity in the tank during a dry start would be sufficient to grow it from?

Sent from my Nexus 7

Check this video for a demo:thumbup:

Looking mighty good Az! Really looking forward to the progress of it. At least your doing it the right way doing the research first unlike me haha. I am slowly learning, with the expert advice on here though it seems hard to go wrong. Good times ahead!!!

Can't wait for this to progress, this is my favorite project at this moment in time mate. You must of got so lucky finding suck beautiful woods :)

Cheers! Jack :)

Nice hardscape!

Good luck with the DSM and Fissidens. I'm doing the same soon too. I'm using a heating mat underneath the tank to promote 100% humidity. I'm also considering using the nutrient jelly from 1-2-Grow plants to help attach the moss.

Sent from my Nexus 7
I started a thread about DSM, mosses etc. here that answers a few questions -
Lots of Dry Start Method questions! | UK Aquatic Plant Society

Hi Aron,
Must admit to having a little case of the green eyed monster here, awesome light unit over an awesome hardscape!
How long before you get some plants?
Cheerio,
Ady.

Cheers guys.. Well iv still to get a few things before I start the planting but I like to take things slow and get it right first time.. I'm just working on some planting plans but hopefully won't be too much longer before I start :)

Cheers again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: tim
Cheers guys.. Well iv still to get a few things before I start the planting but I like to take things slow and get it right first time.. I'm just working on some planting plans but hopefully won't be too much longer before I start :)

Cheers again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any thing like your scape and it will be a winner ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Back