• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New to co2

Vikkiog

Seedling
Hey guys, just looking for recommendations on a co2 system (complete kit if possible!).
MA have recommended jbl proflora u402 with the disposable bottles but they also do refillable ones but it can take a while to refill them apparently :/
My tanks a 300L community that's medium-ly planted :p
Ta :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ht why not keep a spare cannister or 2 ? efillable ( fire extingusher ) based systeme work out cheaper in the long run :)

Hah that's fair enough, I've thought about it tbh but I'd rather be familiar with co2 before dealing with fire extinguishers :p
Do you just buy an empty one of ebay and find somewhere to fill it up?

Hah that's fair enough, I've thought about it tbh but I'd rather be familiar with co2 before dealing with fire extinguishers :p
Do you just buy an empty one of ebay and find somewhere to fill it up?

Buy the extinguishers full off eBay, normally for only a little more than the cost of a refill from your local ma, then once empty find a local place to refill normally around a tenner.

Sounds like a plan, get the m602 and get that sorted. Later on I 'll look for somewhere that can refill fire extinguishers :)

Thank you I'll take a look.

The only place near me that does fire extinguishers charge £25 plus vat for refills :( that's a no go then :/

The only place near me that does fire extinguishers charge £25 plus vat for refills :( that's a no go then :/
Go to local workplace, library, post office, shop etc and phone the numbers attached to the CO2 extinguishers and see what they offer.

I did this and am currently awaiting 2 off 2KG extinguishers for £20, delivered to my work as I type. Unfortunately I cycled to work today, so they will remained "stashed" until I come in by car :)

That's what I was just thinking. The refills are £20 for 500g so may aswell get 2kg for £20ish. What do you do with empty ones though?
I've emailed about 10 different places near to me about refills so we'll see how that works as soon as they get back to me.

Tell them you know it costs them nothing to re- fill it, so you'll give them a tenner for the 5 minutes labour.

Hah, I'll see what the others say and then I'll try that :)

Okay then, so I can get 3 x 2kg co2 bottles delivered for £75 and then I could get a basic kit (like the aquarium gardens kit) for around another £60 and then I'm set for a while. Then I don't have to worry about refills for a while Sound right? Or is there a better option?

Be careful in trying to dispose of empty FE's. Luckily my local tip will take pressurised vessels, including FE's, as they have a guy who it trained to know how to handle them. A lot of local tips will not touch pressure vessels and will just turn you away.

Found a place that refills for £18 so i guess I'll get three and then refill two when I'm on the last one or something like that.

Back