• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plastic Fantastic

Re: Drifting - Quick Pic

I am feeling the need to add more red to the scape. And not sure what plant to use. I have not added Co2 to this tank yet. And the only ferts I am using is the bottle I won in the scaping contest @ A1matts from George. I have 2 Aracdia Plant tubes on this and the light period is usually 10 hours a day. I can Add Co2 to this if need be, but would rather not. I have seen that there are Red plant Selections on ebay (260876032099)now, anyone bought one yet.

sanj said:
I have a 60 litre set up last two weeks it will have no direct co2 additions liquid or gas from me. I have been watching your tank develop and its good to see how well the hair grass has taken.

Cheers Sanj, Everyone who has a look at likes the Carpet of grass. Just waiting for it to spread amongst the Marimo Balls.

Added 50 Cherries to this just now, and the Adults in the Breeders tank were very very nice.
Just waiting for the Auction next weekend :) to add something different maybe. I would like some of the more unusual ottos that are going to be on sale. Ste1200 from ebay is going to there and is bringing quite a few fish with him.

Re: Drifting - Ohhhhhhhhhhh Flower

Was trimming the Hydrocoytle last night, and noticed this delicate little flower.

020-3.jpg

019-3.jpg

017-3.jpg
016-2.jpg

Woke up this morning to silence downstairs and found the tank switched off from the plug. Found out Mum had switched off from the mains, thinking she had turned off the lights. I had turned the lights off, but little one had turned them on again.
Cue a Big Water change, Fish out the Dead Shrimp that had died. Air Stone turned on and IAL added to Destress the tank.
All this before leaving for the auction.

Got back from the auction @ 2 and came home with a Group of Betta Falx, a Very Nice Peruvian type of Otto that is very big and a lovely grey color. A Few Plants and a new Pico tank to be Scaped at a later date. The Main fish i was bidding on went everytime without me winning(Gold Lazer Cories). The Amount of Killiefish there was overwhelming, and the auction looked to go on for another few hours till after 4pm. Due to there being a very Large number of sellers this time, More than Expected. Will def be going to the next one, as fish available have not seen in the shops.

Re: Drifting - Ohhh New Fish

Also got a Bunch of Alternanthera reineckii ''roseafolia'' to try out. For £1.00 can't go wrong if it dies off.
Wishing I had stayed to the end when fish are reduced to as little as 50p a bag. Will stay to the end at the next one, when the days are longer. Don't like night driving with my Vertigo.

Poooh - I have whitespot at the moment, so treating with WS1 (tried and trusted). And Have found loads of bristly/hairy algae in the Hairgrass, so Pulling it out as i spot it.

Pipefish are back instock this afternoon, Not going to try them again as its been too cold for my livefood outside. And not allowed to setup a livefood tank indoors.
I might go and see which type they have had in though.

Mark Evans said:
What an odd looking fish. As you say, kinda otto ish. Nice little fella

Is a little odd looking, keeps to itself and stays away from the other plecs/ottos.

Done a Big Trim this afternoon.
Was so relaxing to snip away at the Hairgrass and watch it float to the surface. Caught about 100 Red Ramshorns Snails. Pulled up more of the very wiry algae growing in the hairgrass. Cleaned the external for the first time since it was installed. Was hoping for lots of shrimplets in it, but only found 2 males. The amount of Muck was astonishing, the water was black with waste.
Could not be bothered to waste time trying to prime the filter with the primer, so used the old sucking method. So much quicker to start the filter with. Added the Spray bar back onto the outlet. Moved a few plants around and Planted the Alternanthera reineckii ''roseafolia'', as it looked nice and had lots of roots sprouting from the stems.

Gill said:
This is the Ottoesque one i got.
True Hypoptopoma thoracatum
386280_2236636243981_1490231705_31909570_333601120_n.jpg

i've been looking for these for ages :) ace.

Re: Drifting - Fry Fry Fry Fry

First day in work since Last September with the Nhs. Come home this afternoon to a very sweet smell coming from the Tank and a Pot of Hair Gel near the tank. Little one got hold of one tub of the stuff, And must of taken off the lid and threw it at the tank. Only Casualties have been the Neon Tetras.
Big Water change followed and as I was doing it, I spotted a Few fry being swept up in the current. They are from the Peacock Gobies as I have seen what their fry look like. They are only a few mm in length, but should survive as there is A huge amount of Java Moss in the tank.
If I can i will get pix of them when i see them.
I must be doing something right if Peacocl Gobies Have decided to Breed and Hatch fry in the tank. Whether or not the Hair gel has killed most of them I do not know.

clonitza said:
The little one is really something, maybe he begs for attention? :)
Glad it wasn't a disaster. :thumbup:

Lol, he is a little terror when he wants to be.

Seen one of my Assassin Snails for the first time in 2 months this afternoon. I thought they had died, but must have been in the substrate munching away on the snails.
Still treating for White Spot, the Flax have it quite bad, Hopefully will clear up soon.

I bought myself one of those Underwater LED Striplights from ebay. It arrived and tested it out and the amount of light it gives off is really very good. A very bright white light. I will be using it underneath the planted shelf, as it is very dark in there.
Going to wrap it up as a gift from the wifey, as I know she has bought nothing this year for anyone.

Re: Drifting

I have realised something about the algae spreading all over the tank.
After spending some time examning it. I have come to the conclusion that it is Marimo Propagating all over. After a while it becomes little tiny balls. And if left alone gets bigger.

Back