• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
sorted the cables also. now looks much better.. only thing left is to find a decent cable tidy in white colour. This is setup now with 1
Radion fw15XR and 2xT5's 24w. (Juwel Day and Sylvania Grolux)
22078657862_4b2848ce2a_z.jpg

meanwhile struggling with Araguaia .. 1/3rd of it is gone on one side.. I thought I should keep
this plant and in tissue gel and plant it just a few days before flooding. Next week Elocharis arrives
it means I might just plant it well and flood it next week.. so far the greenish stuff and moss is attached.. don't want
to loos araguaia, but looks to me I might need one extra portion..

Hi everyone!

This might be the right time for an update.
Flooded on 12th of Oct. As soon as received Elocharis
planted and flooded. Could not wait longer as H.Araguaia was struggling
in DSM and I lost half of it. So looking for portion to replant missing spots

so .. many says proper planning is essential .. and I do agree.. somehow I missed
that my intake (glass surface skimmer) is 2/3rs of the tank height. Cannot
keep it at front, so somehow squeezed in 45 degrees angle. Still skimming
surface but less efficient. Also I may struggle with flow for elocharis on left top corner
.. my own fault doing so freaky layout. no hopes lost yet, at least I think i did everything
possible so far to get some flow there. And filter is quite powerful for only 60-70L
of actual water in the tank. so fingers crossed

so far changing water every day for 35% about, to minimize possible issues
after flooding (excess of organics, nutrients etc)

My obsession with light needs to be controlled.. I think Radion will do great job on its own
but still have extra support in that lamp shade, 2x T5s 24w (just trying not to turn it ON)
I might just take out one daylight and leave Grolux on its own to give more reds if needed

As soon as amonia will drop (1-2ppm) and nitrites gone - my 16 Ember Tetra will
go in.. might add another few if I will feel too short.

The green'ish thingy on rocks looks very nice.. I really hope to manage keep it so and
develoop better.. For me it looks like a thick layer of algae (i hope Twinstar will not have a negative
effect on its growth)

some photos for update:

Elocharis sp.mini
21581892933_0e44327ec7_z.jpg

H. Araguaia
22016010839_310c90e2e5_z.jpg

Creepy bonsai
22015123458_1cda813b8d_z.jpg

22213216111_d6d54dcd1e_z.jpg

This is my favorite piece in this setup
22014831600_2e222e50ce_z.jpg

And once planted the lamp shade does not look anymore as massive
as all the attention now is to the tank..
22016011109_59d0585a89_z.jpg

Thanks for watching this :)

Stunning Lauris, such a well thought out hard scape.... Great height, depth and great use of the rule of thumb as far as perspective two thirds. Keep the updates coming as it one of my favourites on the site.
Jim

I absolutely love this but there is one problem....as soon as you add plants and make it look lush it will stop looking anything like Mordor...

I absolutely love this but there is one problem....as soon as you add plants and make it look lush it will stop looking anything like Mordor...

Very good point. I'm looking for knackered brown leaves, lots of dead bits, weird alien hybrid plants......now there's a challenge!

Hi all. Thank you for all the comments. I'm just after a battle with many different algae and plant recovery. that's what happens when you underestimate the power of Radion. :D

I will give more details on my issues once I will have a time to put it all together.

I am planted!

This project is looking really good.
The yoghurt method is something i hope to try in the future, most of all because i hate tying down mosses, and because even with glue it always has a not-natural look to it, like if moss was put on top of rock or wood as oppose to growing on to give that ageing look.
But yours is really looking like moss growing or rocks and wood like it does happen in nature.

ok... so.. this project of mine.. one of the worst nightmares I had..
it failed on me in sooo many ways. The main reason I didn't update it
- I had no joy of it at all.. maybe a little.

Apologies for my inactivity to everyone following on this. Too many things were
failing in too many ways and my efforts to change things were not successful.
I'm sure one of my mistakes was - I did not ask for help here, but well.. what
is done, is done. On another hand it was a good experience how to deal
with few processes etc..

very last pics of this tank:

24446519485_b372f0a6a6_z.jpg

24150911520_6c5e99b916_c.jpg

24078735289_cab34165a8_c.jpg

New project is coming soon. Current tank and cabinet is sold. Same size tank
and higher cabinet is placed on order. Radion light will travel to new homes soon too..

I promise I will be more active on next one... I got my lesson :)

Last edited:
Back