• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

Tiger lotus bulb advice

Nathanh2150

Have had my tiger lotus bulb in my aquarium for around a week now in my tank and the bulb has gone white should I take out of the tank to wash white substance off or remove it completely?
I have taken a photo not the best but shows whats happening.

Attachments

• A097CA87-8D88-4912-AF71-FBE1CCA444CA.jpeg
    A097CA87-8D88-4912-AF71-FBE1CCA444CA.jpeg
    120.3 KB · Views: 256
Hi
Yes, and give the substrate a clean...looks life white mould.
Image is not the best....remove the bulb if its soft, its dead!
If the bulb is firm, when giving a slight squeeze... plant it with 2/3rds of the bulb above the substrate....pointed end facing upwards!
hoggie

Perfect thankyou shall do it today as am doing a 50% water change is it wise to keep the bulb out of the substrate for a couple of days to determine top/bottom of the bulb ?

Just washed the bulb got all of the white substance off the bulb is still hard and looks like it shooting roots shall keep emerged out of the soil for a couple of days to keep an eye on its progress

Back