• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
when i have used it in the past there as been no effect on
the ph which i thought strange as well as i would of thought
it might of gone up a touch but saying that were i live we have
a very low carbonate hardness and the ph drops from 7.4 to 5.4
over 24 hours if left to stand

cheers tom i will keep you informed as to
how i get on

This is unreal, so natural looking and therein lies the beauty, the fact it's so low maintenance is even better, true credit deserved here!

Still a bit of a mess, but the new lighting rig is definitely an improvement on the old chrome monstrosity -

f4op.jpg

Still a bit of a mess, but the new lighting rig is definitely an improvement on the old chrome monstrosity -

f4op.jpg

Working with what youve got hey mate. You could add some plants to the wood to camouflage the kessil.
Have you made away with the peace lily now?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah the peace lily is now potted, had got massive and fancied a change. Have strung up some more pothos and planted a maidenhair fern at the base of the wood, looks pretty good. Not worried about completely concealing the Kessil, it doesn't stand out too much now there's more foliage.

Tada! All the same plants before, just thinned a bit and completely rearranged as I couldn't see more than about 6 inches into the tank before. Oh, and had to remove the Aponogetons.

Can actually see some fish now, and my nice old bits of heather.

Before (except even more overgrown) -

beforeafterl.jpg

Making a mess -

fq66.jpg

Now -

sw1j.jpg

Closeups once the water has cleared.

Attachments

• sw1j.jpg
    sw1j.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 105
:lol: blame me yeah ok ha ha. A few plantlets and a total rescape is the outcome. I think you were itching to rescape anyway.
As always though mate it does fantastic. Will be interesting to see how the wood looks after a short time.
The sense if depth is great. It looks like the tank goes on and on................

I like the placement of the tank on the stand with the pictures either side too.
Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Great ingenuity with the branch lighting rig......that's one way to hide a cable and create a unique emersed section!
I think you should create an equally unique and themed stand now :)
Stunning.

The sense if depth is great. It looks like the tank goes on and on................

That's because it does, isn't it?

I think, Tom, that you've managed to get an amazingly natural looking green colour to your tank. I have no idea if it's camera skill or the growing of plants in the raw, with so little intervention, yet still managing such a wonderful density of planting. Might just be the light. Whatever it is, you have a tank that I envy more and more every day as it's a little patch of nature sitting there.

All I can say is, one day.......

Back