• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
You got great skills.. the tank is just amazing.. I always visit the forum hoping to see an update on this tank.. :)

Superb..

Thanks man.

Rosy loach fry are coming on as well - really active and voracious little eaters.

ipje.jpg

Rosy Loaches.. how many people have bred them ? :) not many I think..

Let this guys know how you did it..
"Tuberoschistura arakanensis" — Loaches Online

Your tank is really a natural habitat for your fish.. that is really nice..

Yeah the Loaches Online profile hasn't been updated since 2007 - they've changed genus twice since then!

The Seriously Fish profile is a lot more up to date and contains information summarised from a German breeding report - Petruichthys sp. ‘rosy’ – Rosy Loach (Yunnanilus sp. rosy, Tuberoschistura arakanensis) — Seriously Fish

I've been reporting the breeding on the SF forum as well. They seem very straight forward so far, typical egg scatterers.

Kind of looks like the baby alien that burst out of the guys stomach in the first alien movie :confused:

Nope don't agree. I don't want that thing in my house! (Apart from my bluray)

Do see the resemblance though :)
Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

You have an incredible talent Tom.....
An amazing tank without half the faff of us high tech fools chasing co2 levels, lighting and flow!
I love it.
:lol:

Any chance of getting some PAR readings at the substrate level Tom? I love this tank. Yours & Alastair's are a true inspiration. You mentioned that the substrate is just getting some light now,....but shouldn't that halide that you had initially produced a lot of light at the substrate level?
Would really help if you could provide us with some readings.

Hi Faizal. Afraid I don't have a PAR meter to take readings with. Unless someone in Edinburgh wants to lend me theirs.

Went I mentioned that the substrate was finally getting some light, that was a reference to having moved the overhanging plants. Visually the Kessil seems just a touch brighter than the old halide.

Urgh, so pissed off right now. Cleaned out the filters yesterday and forgot to put the intake sponge back on afterwards. Noticed a lack of bumblebee gobies this morning and just found 5 out of 7 dead in the bottom of the filter. Really, really hate losing fish, especially when its (inevitably) down to my own stupidity.

Sorry to hear about that. A real shame. I would have been miserable too. But what happened was unintentional & hence try not to let it get the best of you,..

seriously cool with the rosy loach fry. ive been trying to get rosy loaches for over a year in south africa

Hey man this totally sucks but nothing you can do now but restock and mourn the lost :(

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Urgh, so pissed off right now. Cleaned out the filters yesterday and forgot to put the intake sponge back on afterwards. Noticed a lack of bumblebee gobies this morning and just found 5 out of 7 dead in the bottom of the filter. Really, really hate losing fish, especially when its (inevitably) down to my own stupidity.

Gutting mate. I bet your well and truly ....ed off with yourself. Its a simple mistake mate and I know your probably kicking yourself for it and thinking if id just done this etc.

Really sorry to hear

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

tom, it can feel like it gets old continually saying awesome, amazing, wow etc but this tank really is the only nature aquarium ive seen that genuinely looks like some of the google images from tropical rivers and streams. Its truly quite an accomplishment and my hat is off to you.
Naturally beautiful and the health and happiness of the livestock is clear from every photo. Never seen sawbra so amazingly platinum almost metallic blue/purple.
I'd bet youve inspired more fishkeepers than you can imagine.
Tank of the year :)

Thanks Tim!

This is just insane, its like THE nature aquarium! Love it

It is a little bit insane isn't it. I'm addicted at the moment, my girlfriend keeps finding me sat on the floor in front of it in a zombie trance.

tom, it can feel like it gets old continually saying awesome, amazing, wow etc but this tank really is the only nature aquarium ive seen that genuinely looks like some of the google images from tropical rivers and streams. Its truly quite an accomplishment and my hat is off to you.
Naturally beautiful and the health and happiness of the livestock is clear from every photo. Never seen sawbra so amazingly platinum almost metallic blue/purple.
I'd bet youve inspired more fishkeepers than you can imagine.
Tank of the year :)

Iain, thanks very much for that. The fish do seem 'happy' in there, lots of natural looking behaviour and frequent spawns (although everything inevitably gets predated, hence why I've started breeding them separately). Fish have to come first, really.

Tank of the year? Not sure it qualifies, it's taken 3.5 years to get there :lol:

Back