• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Tom, got to say one of the most amazing journals I've read on any forum.
I've been slowly reading from the start over the last couple of weeks.
Kudos to you sir!
Ben

Tom, got to say one of the most amazing journals I've read on any forum.
I've been slowly reading from the start over the last couple of weeks.
Kudos to you sir!
Ben

Cheers Ben (Kerby?). Sorry, looks like I missed your post until now.

In other news, I've been getting rather jealous of Alastair's enormous wood, and have decided to fight fire with fire!

Which began with tricking my girlfriend into helping me carry a slippery, worm- and spider-ridden, soil covered 30kg lump of dead beech (I think) through the woods in the pouring rain. For an hour. In the dark. And then spend a further 20 minutes figuring out how to fit it in the boot of the car.

In the cold light of day, I wasn't even sure how much I liked it -

g8wd.jpg

However, the good lady informed me that after the previous evening's exertions with my wood (er...), not using it could well have disastrous consequences for our relationship.

So this afternoon I spent a good couple of hours with a hosepipe, pokey thing and wire brush removing all the soft and rotting wood (oh for a sand blaster!), and have uncovered something which I'm pleased to say can only really be described as stonking, and includes several arches and caves of various sizes -

m2yx.jpg

ofgz.jpg

xtrk.jpg

It'll be a while before I get a chance to use it, but I've got some pretty ace plans...

Mega! Think you went through a bit more trouble than Al though lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Impressive:watching:

Cheers Ed.

Mega! Think you went through a bit more trouble than Al though lol

Haha maybe. He had to go to Scunthorpe though, can't have been too much fun :p

Stonking, I love that word :) awesome piece of wood Tom looking forward to seeing it in use.

Cheers Tim. Going to be a while before this is in use, need a new job and a new flat first!

Yes mate tis I :)

Loving the wood... ooo err!

And the car, man I miss my Honda.

Ben

Aha, the penny drops! The car's a bit of a shed really, but I do love it.

In the meantime it looks awesome one the drive like that.

Did you have to dangle some sparkly things in front of your girlfriend to convince her? My wife would've killed me at "Can you help me..." Your home looks great by the way!

Did you have to dangle some sparkly things in front of your girlfriend to convince her? My wife would've killed me at "Can you help me..." Your home looks great by the way!

Not my house sadly (I'm house sitting for mum this week). I have to say, my girlfriend is absolutely awesome for indulging the various madnesses that this hobby tends to involve.

This is all well and good tom butttt....... how's the tank doing? :)

Fry are all growing up?

Back