• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tom's Mini M

Re: Tom's Mini M - Filled

Cheers Ryan :)

1 hour 14 til lights on! (is that sad? :lol: ) It looks like it's gone a bit yellow overnight, which is probably the Aquasoil. Will do a waterchange on it tonight.

I'm thinking I might have chosen the wrong type of Crypt though. Hopefully the submersed leaves of parva are smaller and less rubbery than the emersed ones! I don't remember it being this big and chunky from before. :shifty:

Not sad at all mate, I have forwarded that comment to LondonDragon and his going to put a limit on how much you can access the site....its for your own mental health lol :D :D

I'm sure people can give a lot more indepth info about there tanks haha.

I think you right about that crypt you no. I read it on TGM or another site when I was looking for a crypt for my nano.

Another growth comparison
IMG_9115.jpg

IMG_9012.jpg

I'm also starting to get white fluff on some of the wood. What is it? Is it alive? Will excel kill it? Sorry for the bad picture!
IMG_9019.jpg

Tom

Re: Tom's Mini M - White fluff on wood?

I had the exact same white slime on my sumatra wood, developed soon after filling, then completely vanished after about 2-3 weeks. Unsightly at first but no biggy in the long term :D

Re: Tom's Mini M - White fluff on wood?

i had some on this on my sumatra wood. The Amano went mad for it. Its all but gone now.

Thats a beautiful shot, Tom. The moss just needs to grow in a bit.;)

Thanks Johan. The moss was quite a lot more grown in, but I trimmed and re-tied it yesterday so it's all quite bare again. It seems to form nice tight triangular shapes that point slightly upwards. It's nice having moss that doesn't attach to things, but I don't think it will give as rustic a look as Java for example.

Just seen the first Diatoms appear today. Have wiped it off the glass, given the gravel a little stir and will to a second 50% water change once my water has warmed up. Hopefully it doesn't give me as much trouble as last time, and I want to keep it to a minimum this time.

Back