• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

1st iwagumi attempt....

Hi Sam, don't know the k of the bulbs, one white one reddish but as you say I really don't think that you make any difference!
I got a hygrometer the other day and its 85%ish all the time!
Yea had it running for a few days and can see the hc twitching and moving but not really moving away from the main plug!

So into week 12/13ish of the dry start, 2 weeks ago i flooded the tank and emptied again to refresh the water in the substrate, have been misting once or twice a day for the last few weeks too and its helped slightly I think, still very very slow going.

Added some more HC from a fellow member nearly two weeks ago to fill in the gaps abit, leaves have pretty much all started to die off of new HC but new ones are growing and it's putting down roots so its just changeling from submersed.

Also Lifted the light off the rim of tank and & back onto its legs as having the light that low was drying things out slightly I think.

That's about all to report, have picked off a lot of brown leaves off original HC, still browning tho but not at the rate it was.

8ybupy7a.jpg

Dosing 3x easycarbo plus co2 through up inline, bubbles seem to be falling on all plants.
Green drop checker at lights on but going to aim for yellow at lights on from tomorrow.
don't know if wave maker is helping or hindering yet tho.

Very tempted to take one bulb out for now as I just know I'm going to get algae as there is quite a bit of brown melted HC from the dry start!
I'm sure it will be but anyone if one t5 bulb will be enough?
ahequnym.jpg

I just know I'm going to get algae as there is quite a bit of brown melted HC from the dry start!
daily water changes until all the melted bits have gone should stop the dreaded algae. Dans tank has a little diatoms at the moment. we are going to dial back the co2 and add some amanos and ottos to get rid of this

Yep that's the plan, hopefully the melted parts will break away so it can be sucked up during water changes!
3e9ubagu.jpg

Nice to see another one flooded , how's the tmc with the inline atomizer ??
Also I see your still looking for extra spray bar parts. : )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have just unpacked my ADA tank which has been in storage for nearly 3 years after reading this journal. I have an autumn winter project now....

It's really good Sam, really fine mist! No issues! Mist and flow seem to be hitting the section without the spray bar so we will see! Think the wavemaker is helping with that!
HC is pearling a lot, well i think it's pearling and not co2 caught on the leaves as it only starts after lights on!

So things are going really well since flood a week ago, can't really see from pictures but HC has grown more in the last 5days with 5hrs a day light then it did in 2 months with 12hrs a day light!! Nearly all browning parts have been grown over by lush new growth.
Hairgrass is going nuts to, can see new growth every day.
Been keeping up with daily water changes and no algae so far.
Drop checker stays yellow all the time, even 12hours after co2 off so I guess it's just not outgassing very much, don't know if my soft water is helping with that, or down to little surface movement, never the less its not something I need to worry about until I add livestock.
Ordered ph pen so will do a few tests with that next week to see if I'm getting the co2 rite!

Well happy :)
5urumymy.jpg

adyzamup.jpg

Look brilliant mate :) you'll be trimming that soon enough . I'm the same with the soft water and not off gasing , but I have a glass lid .
Cheers

Cheers guys, Sam does your dc stay yellow? How did u get on with you scissors?

Yea pretty much stays yellow and the ph doesn't really go above 6 apart from on water change day it can be 6.2/3 ish but my tap ph is 7.6, I off gassed some tank water in a cup and the ph was 6.6. I'm thinking because I have a lid I don't get much off gassing . But according to ceg soft water drops its ph like no mans business. How many bps you doing and what bubble counter do you have ??
Cheers

Back