• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Re: Aquagreen

Lovely pics as always Ian. The think I love about neons is that although sometimes they do shoal, most of the time they are going about in different directions, even if close together often. As with the pic above, this lends itself to taking the eye in different directions also.. in the image and also when watching them in the tank.

Have you seen the new diamond neons ?

cheers Chris. No i haven't seen diamond tetras, i have just done an image search though, and they look a little like morphs. They just don't have the blue stripe. I bet they look good in a school though.

ianho said:
cheers Chris. No i haven't seen diamond tetras, i have just done an image search though, and they look a little like morphs. They just don't have the blue stripe. I bet they look good in a school though.

They do, and the red seems more vibrant. I saw a load of them at Living Waters on Saturday :)

end of week 2, and it's had it's first trim. Managed to bag a Eheim 2073, so thats now in place of the JBL, nothing against the JBL, but i wanted to try and remove the powerhead in there as it's quite ugly, and the Eheim chucks out some flow!...saying that, it'll be going back in at the first sign of anything bad lol!

7468692432_c52acfa4b9.jpg
aquagreen9 by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

Filling in nicely Ian.
Ooooh, glassware too....nice.

thanks Ady, the Glosso is going great guns, i'm wondering if it'll got a little quicker now the glassware is in. I had the glassware, but it didn't fit on the JBL pipes 12/16. Tis nice to get it back in the tank.

ianho said:
thanks Ady, the Glosso is going great guns, i'm wondering if it'll got a little quicker now the glassware is in. I had the glassware, but it didn't fit on the JBL pipes 12/16. Tis nice to get it back in the tank.

You wont regret the 2073 mate. I started with a 2075 and that had great flow. Only thing to keep on top of with the Pro3 range is changing the filter wool pad, but otherwise they are awesome. Remember to ensure there is NO water in the prefilter tray before restarting :)

Tank is looking fantastic.

Are you deliberately putting a green hue to your images as a nod to the name of the scape by the way, or is that the growbeams ?

thanks Chris, i don't use the wool, that was the first thing to go. Why do you say about not having water in the prefilter??

as for the pic i always put them through a editor, jst to sharpen them really. I do alter the hue, but not that much. I'm only doing the same to what i have always done, so i think it's probably the grow beams. I don't see it in real life though lol!

ianho said:
thanks Chris, i don't use the wool, that was the first thing to go. Why do you say about not having water in the prefilter??
Hi Ian, NOT the whole filter, just the prefilter tray. It says so in the manual ;) (Well it does in mine)... something to do with it interfering with priming, and also someone had a priming issue on here, then was advised to empty the prefilter tray and hey presto, no priming issue :)

as for the pic i always put them through a editor, jst to sharpen them really. I do alter the hue, but not that much. I'm only doing the same to what i have always done, so i think it's probably the grow beams. I don't see it in real life though lol!
Well it looks good either way. :thumbup:

cheers for that!

I have had a good read around and apparently they are prone to leaking as well, from the primer at the top. So i shall be keeping a close eye on it!

it's as silent as a mouse though.

ianho said:
cheers for that!

I have had a good read around and apparently they are prone to leaking as well, from the primer at the top. So i shall be keeping a close eye on it!

it's as silent as a mouse though.

I think they are either going to leak or not. If its not leaking I would be surprised if it starts (from what my LFS owner has said). I think you will be very impressed. The JBL's are good too though. And you are right, they are sooooo quiet :)

Out of interest, was it flow that prompted you to remove the filter wool pad ? What do you use for fine filtration instead ?

Filter wool is a PITA, it clogs to easliy and flow will drop without realising IME, then problems can arise while your not noticing. The filter has the media it came with, plus Matrix and noodle from the old filter, purigen and carbon. The Purigen 'should' do the job of filter wool, or it has done ime.

ianho said:
Filter wool is a PITA, it clogs to easliy and flow will drop without realising IME, then problems can arise while your not noticing. The filter has the media it came with, plus Matrix and noodle from the old filter, purigen and carbon. The Purigen 'should' do the job of filter wool, or it has done ime.

Cheers, I always use Purigen but did not realise it filtered out fine particles too, or am I misunderstanding ?

it polishes water, it does the same thing as the wool. A little more expensive though lol.

ianho said:
it polishes water, it does the same thing as the wool. A little more expensive though lol.

Doesnt one work chemically and the other mechanically though ? How can purigen do the mechanical side ?

it acts like carbon, so it adsorbs, taking small particles out of the water. Filter floss does the same (takes the small particles), it just clogs easier.

both in essence do do the same thing.

just thought i'd share a quick vid...best veiwed in 720p and upwards.

Nice little video, very calming to watch.

I shot a couple of vids of my Congo's at the weekend but couldn't get it to upload due to my connection playing up. I hope to get it up soon.

This tank looks so good considering how long it has been set up. :thumbup:

Andy

Re: Aquagreen (new vid page 8)

Thank you awtong, it's good to see vids of the tanks IMO, gives a better sense of the tanks.

Back