• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Re: Ryuoh Ravine

Whitey89 said:
Thank you mate. Was looking at your journal, looks fantastic from my phone! Will get a better look on the macbook later. It truly is a beautiful looking tank.

Cheers,
Your welcome buddy. The black ground gives a much better sense of depth.

Thanks mate. Really appreciate that. I can't view the pics of my journal on tapa talk lol but I'm popping up updates tonight.
Oooo MacBook ha ha!!! Posh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitey89 said:
sr20det said:
Wow, background has made a huge difference looks so green now. Might have to try black on.mine.

Looking good. Do you have snails, and do your shrimp attack the diatoms? Know otos do, so I hear?

Hey,

Thanks, I have some Red Ramshorns on the way. They won't overrun the tank unless lots of excess food is available will they? I like the thought of them but don't want millions.

Shrimp and Ottos do go at them like, but out of all of them I think the Amano is particularly good. Which is why I went to purchase some, coupled with the fact they are handsome little fellas :D

My 14l is packed with them mate I mean loads well most tiny small babies, when they get to breeding size, well they breed and breed heavily. I try to remove as many breeding size snails as possible and only leave babies or young juves. But they can clean a algae tank in a day in those numbers. Especially Diatoms. mine dont do bba though? Well not the spores anyways.

Alastair said:
Whitey89 said:
Thank you mate. Was looking at your journal, looks fantastic from my phone! Will get a better look on the macbook later. It truly is a beautiful looking tank.

Cheers,
Your welcome buddy. The black ground gives a much better sense of depth.

Thanks mate. Really appreciate that. I can't view the pics of my journal on tapa talk lol but I'm popping up updates tonight.
Oooo MacBook ha ha!!! Posh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will definitely be looking then! Macbook pro is unbelievable, I love it!

Cheers Sr20det, I will have to do something then ha! & regarding BBA, I don't think much touches it apart from flying foxes and maybe Siamese Algae eaters, maybe Amano shrimp too?

Cheers,

Looking good :) You should try one of those backgrounds with an LED light behind, make it look like a sunrise/set in the middle maybe

meejo said:
Looking good :) You should try one of those backgrounds with an LED light behind, make it look like a sunrise/set in the middle maybe

Could be an option mate, I actually thought of that when I had the other background on.

But the way the black makes everything pop right out at you is quite remarkable.
Although, using only an
iPhone, I cannot show that to great effect unfortunately.

Cheers,

Whitey89 said:
Diatom algae is a biatch, Nuff said. :lol:
Hi Nathaniel,
try reducing the lighting intensity and upping the water changes.....presuming youve maxed out the c02 of course.
Ady.

Hey guys,

Got a few pics as its been a while since I did anything.

I have had a little problem with Brown Strand Algae, which was linked to low Co2 or High lighting issues. This has definitely got better of late, with most of it dissapearing, or rather not reapearing on removal.

I have a tiny amount of Staghorn at the front left, which could be a lack of flow, regarding rock formation. This could also have been due to 8am sunshine spilling onto the tank before co2 kicks in.

Hence the reason for applying a Black Vinyl to the windowside and lower on the front pane.

The stems seem to be going a lot better with the addition of more co2 and the introduction of APFUK Macro/Micro fertilisers, which can be found Here.

Heres some photos:

027a2325-9d9a-e6e3.jpg

027a2325-9dc0-368e.jpg

027a2325-9dff-d9a6.jpg

027a2325-9e39-dca6.jpg

027a2325-9f96-a29b.jpg

Cheers,

Hey NAth I might have missed it but why the black strip on the front mate?

Antipofish said:
Hey NAth I might have missed it but why the black strip on the front mate?

Hey Chris,
Its to stop the sunlight causing algae within the carpet of Eleocharis Sp. Mini and some around the Cryptocoryne Parva.

With me being on holiday soon too, should prevent the algae, which its already having an effect on.

Cheers,

Whitey89 said:
Danny said:
Is this tank an optiwhite built by PP?

Hey Danny,
No mate, its a TGM one, Dimensions of 60x40x40 cm. Might be up for sale soon ;)

Ah ha, stop trying to cost me money lol

Shopping list the size of my arm already, already got the next 6months worth of spare money spent :lol:

i too suffer from the 8am sunshine on the tanks and have to say like the very straight forward solution of the black vinyl. Why didnt i think of that!!!

tim said:
any updated pics mate
+1 for more pics please :)

Back