• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Hi George

Well, who can tell anything but "impressive" scapes from you. If one wants inspiration, just search for George at UKAPS.
Great inspiration mate.

But two things i wonder about is, why your lighting always is so high up. dont you Think that you waste much of that pressious light?

And second, are you not affraid that the hoses ever will loosen from the pipes? since you dont use hose clamps or anything at all.

H.

Il go down the middle for 4 weeks then not be long either way

Thanks Dean

Just to make it clear. Tropica Elatine is not Elatine. I wonder how many people get confused by this :) I know George pointed this out in the journal, but people still keeps talking about Elatine :)
I would just drop the plant package to avoid this....

For plant hardness my order is the following: (nr1 is the hardest nr3 is the easiest)

1. REAL Elatine Hydropiper
2. HC
3. Micranthemum Monte Carlo (Large pearl grass)

So you're in the middle, but Monte Carlo need light! Which you might need a little more with HC too, otherwise the result will be the same as with the HC :)
Because of that Tropicas mistake Ed got negative feedback on the Ebay.
Regards
Alan

Hi George

Well, who can tell anything but "impressive" scapes from you. If one wants inspiration, just search for George at UKAPS.
Great inspiration mate.

But two things i wonder about is, why your lighting always is so high up. dont you Think that you waste much of that pressious light?

And second, are you not affraid that the hoses ever will loosen from the pipes? since you dont use hose clamps or anything at all.

H.
Hi "H"

Sorry I missed your post and question, and thanks for the feedback! :)

I suspend the lighting quite high because I like the way it floods that part of my kitchen with light, and it makes maintenance really easy. I could have it much closer and on less intensity, or use one tile, and I've tried it. But I always go back to this configuration.

I've never used hose clamps. So far, so good...

One minute HD video. :)

Growing in super fast mate and the the tank looks stunning even with so little plant mass. Beautiful

1 week gone if its fully grown to how you want it in another 4 I win :D

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Thought I'd share this iPhone snap of a bunch of CRS closing in on an Amano shrimp with food.

image.jpg

Nice. Greedy amanos are always running off with food. Mine even grab food out of the water column when I feed the fish.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Back