• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Juwel 180 first planted tank

dybepu3e.jpg
arety3a6.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/25/epygeryz.jpg[/
A couple of update pics the amanos and ottos have cleaned up the tank fantastically it looks ten times better than it and has restored a little faith now thinking that livestock is going to be mostly shrimp the Amanos are the first shrimp I've ever kept and they are fascinating to watch happy days are here again !

paveruma.jpg

e8unemeg.jpg

2u6e6u3a.jpg

apu8use3.jpg

naha2upu.jpg

A few update pictures following a 50% water change and a little stem trimming and replanting also taken the Myriophyllum out of the pots thinned the bunches and planted them out in the back right hand side will update in a couple of days when everything settles down only problems to date are the co2 running out and not having had time to collect a new bottle however things seem ok

esagymy9.jpg

9enu8u2y.jpg

e2e9u3et.jpg

3e9eqy2u.jpg

yma4a6u9.jpg

A few update pics following a large water change and a hc carpet trim pleased to announce that the co2 is back up and running however on a freebie fire extinguisher as I haven't had time to get to the air products depot and get my large bottle exchanged either way the fire extinguisher should see me into the new year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

gunajuva.jpg

6emurapa.jpg

y9aduzu5.jpg

y2ypu6ym.jpg

anememug.jpg

esamagu3.jpg

ygyna6u2.jpg

A good water change larger stems trimmed back and trimmings planted in the right hand back corner as it was looking a little bare mowed the hc carpet added 5 assassin snails hopefully deal with the horrendous amount of snails that have appeared in the tank and 4 Dalmatian mollies at the request of the missus as she thought the tank needed fish and not just shrimp and ottos will be keeping a close eye on these they may end up residing in the 125 moss tank wanting to stock this tank now but still unsure I love the shrimp but thinking of a shoal of small fish to give it a bit more activity

Fair play as it looks very nice , I in the other hand get itchy fingers and have to change things and add new etc etc , I just always need to be doing something so The quicker I get a second tank the better haha

Sent from my mobile telecommunications device

Nice, as long as you dont have an explosion of assasin population. Been doing more thinking about turning this low tech how about some Bucephalandras to replace the pogo and stauro
Will look plants up and have a think co2 should be back on by end of week call up tomorrow night for a look and we can discuss next phase want to get the middle rear area planted out May move two pieces of dragon rock forward slightly to accommodate this let me know your thoughts

Very nice Dan!

Some eleocharis would look good on the left and right side of this scape.
Just googled some images of the eleocharis and I agree also think this May work as a replacement for the hc I had in my wood and moss will have to give it a go cheers Ian

Ye more plants in the mid rear. I've never really been happy with the hardscape in here since about 3 weeks after we planted it. The 2 largest rocks need moving forward then you can have a big bush of that Myriophyllum like the left rear(I wanting to put this in my new cube) I think once you move those 2 we might need to move a few more around.
Some of the hc needs to go, its too much of a chore to cut it.
I got a bit of bacopa caroliniana coming my way which could be an option for the middle
Catch you tomorrow

Back