• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Nature's Envy" Chilli Rasbora Pics

Hi buddy
Well iv been off too a rocky start tbh with almost every type of algae going. With the tank being so thin in width and the size of the rock almost central along the tank the flow was poor.

co2 was and still is high and light period lowered too 4 and a half hours and a co2 start of 2 and half hour before lights on and 2 hours before off.

Iv taken the Glass lilies off and added the eheim standard green in and out takes (spray bar). With double does of exel along with the few changes iv made iv almost sorted the algae problems.

Ill take some pics tomorrow as its been planted 5 weeks today :)

Cheers
At least you've got them all out the way at once ;)
Recognising the problem and rectifying it is half the battle so pleased your winning :)
looking forward to pics.
Cheerio,
Ady.

Looking great. my first every tank last christmas was a clear seal, mine also had a black trim across the top but i removed it after a couple of weeks , do you not think it would look better without it?, maybe its just me. it still looks smart with it on though:thumbup: .

Mine also had a black trim across the top but i removed it after a couple of weeks , do you not think it would look better without it?, maybe its just me. it still looks smart with it on though:thumbup: .

Absolutely mate 100%. But im just having a play and learning on this tank so for now im ok with it as ill be upgrading new year.. But thanks mate

Anyways got a few update pics. Im still trying to solve the flow issues and thicken the stem masses up also. The trident is growing back nice with lots of new leafs starting to form nice.

8663059227_3c683a2d6d_z.jpg
Day 1 by Aron_Dip, on Flickr

8880864112_bb82362442_z.jpg
Day 42 by Aron_Dip, on Flickr

Many Thanks guys

Hi guys been a wile since i added anything to the journal, I'm still fighting a battle with algae at the min but hopefully with the addition of a new filter (Big thanks to Al).. This will help sort my flow issues out and in turn help fight against the algae :thumbup:

Quick pic from today, Ill add a full tank shot tomorrow :)

9127375261_f6bc1aece3_c.jpg
New by Aron_Dip, on Flickr

looking well mate love the wood:)

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2

Superb work... I dont think you ever were a noob creatively speaking
and goes to show how little an Ada tank will improve a super scape Well done!

Right another quick update, Full tank shot taken today ( I really need some advice on tacking decent tank shots lol) Things are growing nice and stems are filling out nice too.. Any advice from any experts out there?
8663059227_3c683a2d6d_z.jpg
Day 1 by Aron_Dip, on Flickr
8880864112_bb82362442_z.jpg
Day 42 by Aron_Dip, on Flickr
9136975720_d3cf32d42c_z.jpg
Full tank by Aron_Dip, on Flickr

Cheers for looking guys

Looking really well .... what was the filter you got ?
thanks mate :) .. Its a JBL Cristalprofi (thats about all i know about it Alastair knows what model ect ill ask him lol)

This is looking really nice mate. Very impressed

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Thanks mate its been a hard fight with algae but im winning :happy:

Superb work... I dont think you ever were a noob creatively speaking
and goes to show how little an Ada tank will improve a super scape Well done!

Thanks buddy, i must admit i do have a good eye for this sort of thing :) But hey a nice big ADA tank would look nice in its place lol

Another quick update pic...

Things are going really well at the minute, Algae is almost 100% gone and things are looking good, Plants had a trim on Sunday and stems are bushing up nice :)
Any Advice? Critic?... Im stuck for what to fill the gap behind the larger rock?? thinking along the lines of a Rotala rotundifolia??

anyways quick pic :) ..
9354548550_15c49ed729_c.jpg
New Tank Shot by Aron_Dip, on Flickr

Back