• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Lazy Asian Biotope

That's my kind of tank.
If you don't mind me asking what do you feed this tank fertiliser wise.
Very simple, Nothing more than the fish food plus 1 bps Co2 directly into the filter inlet for 6 hrs in the morning

When @John q asked the question, I thought "I bet he just uses the fish poop"! Nice to see such a long term stable system.
Yep, big tank, deep substrate and nothing messed with very much… I’ve found 60cm tanks to be far harder to get stable

And yet it works. Food for thought for some of us that like to ~ "overly complicate things" 😆
Well there’s nothing wrong with getting right stuck in and playing around with things! This scape just serves as a reminder that there are other ways 😉

Hello! In case anyone was wondering, yes, this long term crypt tank is still happily providing calm enjoyment to us and the inhabitants some 6 years since planting. Which means the substrate is now at least 20 years old! How did that pass so quickly…. The 2 x T5 tubes are seriously old as well.
Don't be fooled people, aquatic gardening can be easy and low maintenance if that suits…😊

View attachment 183117
Hi there.
Iam a slow burner tank lover
and you are my new planted tank hero.lol
Well done.
Regards Konstantin

Still lazy! Time for a little update, another year on and I’m still working abroad an awful lot so the low maintenance approach reigns supreme. Very few tank issues, finally had replace the 2kg CO2 cylinder. Ant my trusty Giesmann canopy finally stopped lighting the aged T5s and rather than replace the ballasts I’ve installed the Pulzar LED units that were lying unused since I dismantled my old 60cm scape. Enough light and less energy usage 👍 A few more Black Phantoms were added last summer. The tank has a proper aged nature look, some algae, some plants getting leggy above the roots but nothing running rampant or taking over. Still two canister filters cleaned alternately every 6 months, just simple foam media. CO2 fed into one of them at 1bps for the first 6hrs of the 12 hr lighting period. Calm, low stress, relaxing . 💚

Attachments

• BDC4D4F0-058B-43B0-9C6C-75D6C96E56C3.jpeg
    BDC4D4F0-058B-43B0-9C6C-75D6C96E56C3.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 142
  • 3F5437AD-1195-4AEE-9114-D2446C1C9D6D.jpeg
    3F5437AD-1195-4AEE-9114-D2446C1C9D6D.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 148
Lovely update, this was such an inspirational scape for me ans still enjoy a cryptocoryne dominated tank. Such an unforgiving species!

Lovely update, this was such an inspirational scape for me ans still enjoy a cryptocoryne dominated tank. Such an unforgiving species!
Thank you! It always nice to know that sharing such things adds value. I’m a big proponent of an aquascaping shouldn’t be so hard approach unless we deliberately choose a particular challenge.👍

Back