• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

Blue jelly island :-) journal finished

Looks really nice tim, I bet your shrimp love it in there!:clap: Any jelly babies yet?
Thanks James, unfortunately no babies I lost all but one of the jellies through the summer due to the extreme temps 🙁 a couple of berried shrimp dropped eggs before hatching but no babies, I've added a few tiger shrimp now which seem to be doing ok so far.

That's a great shame mate. Hopefully your Tigers will breed. You could always get more at Christmas!😉
Well I'm thinking 12ltrs is a little small for stability so I'm working hard on the wife allowing a shrimp rack 🙂 it's doable but I may have to let a couple of other tanks go first, then I'll give the jellies a better shot :thumbup:

Hi folks, not seen a shrimp in this for a while so I'll be taking it down at the start of next week as a scape it's looking ok, I'll be trying to get a good final image over the next few days with my daughters dslr, took about 50 odd this morning, this is one I thought was ok.
11564105884_b6f0474276_z.jpg

Opinions great fully received.
As always cheers for looking 🙂

Sorry it did not work out with the Jellies,not easy in the small tank to keep it stable(know well from my own expierence).Very clean and well defined nano scape 🙂 Cheers mark

Reactions: tim
Sorry it did not work out with the Jellies,not easy in the small tank to keep it stable(know well from my own expierence).Very clean and well defined nano scape 🙂 Cheers mark
Thanks mark, stability has been difficult to achieve think I'll be sticking to cherries for a while on the shrimp front they seem to be the only shrimp I can get to thrive.
Throw some Sparkling gouramis in there Tim, brilliant wee fish!🙂
They are lovely little fish James but I have some new rocks and a scape in mind involving moss and anubias bonsai and maybe some bucephalandras, thanks for the comments and following the journey guys and gals :thumbup:

Looking forward to the next chapter🙂

Cheers
Martin

Reactions: tim
Back