• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Blue jelly island :-) journal finished

Good stuff Tim, great news about the 'jelly berry' and a UG carpet too :)

Reactions: tim
Good stuff Tim, great news about the 'jelly berry' and a UG carpet too :)
Thanks ady, unfortunately the good news didn't last long, the berried shrimp dropped her eggs :( woke up this morning to find a dead shrimp also so not great at the moment carrying out small twice daily water changes and plenty of surface disturbance to increase oxygen, as much as I'm liking the weather at the moment really don't think it's helping these guys :(

9251089898_332deb5bb0.jpg

Tim, is that one of the Shrimp gaurds that Winezita sells in his shrimp store on ebay. As have them in my watch list

Hi mate, this one is from aquarium plant food but I think they all do the same job :)

Hi Tim have you noticed a change in flow? I cleaned out my filter a few days ago and found 5 baby cherries in my filter, still alive some how :wideyed: Don't know how long they were there but I put them back in the tank and they are doing fine. So I'm thinking I should get one of these!!! :)

Hi Tim have you noticed a change in flow? I cleaned out my filter a few days ago and found 5 baby cherries in my filter, still alive some how :wideyed: Don't know how long they were there but I put them back in the tank and they are doing fine. So I'm thinking I should get one of these!!! :)
Hi cookie flow can drop off a little when they block but I just bought two and swap them over, easy to clean little kids toothbrush fits in nicely then flush with water.

9393732831_65afb5b093.jpg

Fts from this evening excuse the air stone but this hot summer is killing these little guys off slowly but surely 6 left from the original group added and no babies yet :( removed the ug from the front too much detritus being trapped easier cleaning just the sand foreground added some mature tennelus to the background purchased from ady, thanks mate top quality:thumbup: looks a little like cypres helfri the tank being small. Bba seems to be the bane of my tanks at the moment not spreading fast so I can live with it but I hate the bloody tuffty sight of it to be honest :) anyhow think this tank will run for a few more months then any shrimp left can move to a 50 ltr I'm in the process of gathering a few bits for :) as always thanks for looking :)

Not updated this for a while. It has been a frustrating summer of algae issues and shrimp fatalities which I can only put down to the increase in temps and direct sunlight due to the tanks location, so I've moved to a room on the other side of the flat given it a bit of a spring clean during which I discovered just one blue jelly remaining :(
9880711506_e345132480.jpg

I think it's looking ok just the rock at front seems to stand out too much now so will probably try and soften this with some moss.
New additions :)
9880700244_13e56f94e2.jpg

Planning to switch to full ro remineralised for water changes rather than cutting tap just to hopefully eliminate that as a possibility for fatalities.
As always thanks for looking :)

I LOVE TIGERS! I'm planning to get some in the near future. Its a shame on the Blue Jellies but it can't be helped.

For future reference, It may be worth trying to artificially hatch the eggs that are dropped. You can put the eggs in a container keeping it's temp as close to the tank's as possible with little daily water changes or throw an air stone in keeping it oxygenated. Also, Since the eggs are fertile if you can see 'em in the first place you only have to worry about removing any that develops fungus. This can be done in the tank using a breeding box providing there are no snails etc.

Looking nice Tim! Maybe daily water changes are a touch excessive for shrimp to deal with, if your still doing them that is?

I've kept my Shrimp tank going. Not looking amazing but meh.
ype6aqyr.jpg

Excuse algae, but I'm expecting shrimplets in the coming days so leaving as much biofilm etc as poss.

Looking for a bigger tank again! :)
Hope your good!

N

Looking nice Tim! Maybe daily water changes are a touch excessive for shrimp to deal with, if your still doing them that is?

I've kept my Shrimp tank going. Not looking amazing but meh.
ype6aqyr.jpg

Excuse algae, but I'm expecting shrimplets in the coming days so leaving as much biofilm etc as poss.

Looking for a bigger tank again! :)
Hope your good!

N
Hi Nathaniel, good to see you back on ! Water changes have been twice weekly for a while now, tds gh & ph matched fresh water drip fed in over an hour or so, your mini m's looking good mate get a journal up for your new setup when it's sorted :)

Back