• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lè Nano journal •30l Fluval• PLANTED

Re: Lè Nano journal •30l Fluval•

jack-rythm said:
So that's a total of about 80-90 quid.. Will have to see about that :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

You know I've got that kit laying around if you want to see what it's like ;)

Fun fun fun

Asked TGM where my parcel was and was given a Royal Mail number and told to check with them....
Had a look and all I can find out is 'its in sorting' tbh I'm pretty fckd off.

May aswell sen them straight back when I receive them as I doubt they'll survive until Monday that's almost a week in the post :)

I did pay over weekend as hoped parcel would be sent out Monday. Still can't blame TGM completely as it was posted 1st class Tuesday. So should really be here by Friday.

Where do I stand with this? If it turns up all mushed?

Hi,
Shame about your plants. Hope you get them sorted soon.

I've got the MiniLED 400 over a Dennerle 60l Cube. I use the controller and have it at 50% power. Any more and I get algae on the glass. This is with CO2 and EI dosing. I saw some PAR readings somewhere on plantedtank.net and they weren't too high. It's on one of the graphs here: -

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=184368

However, most of the plants I've tried grow well. I couldn't grow HC but that may have been CO2-related...

So all said and done I think it's a nice 'taster' for LED lighting if you fancy splashing out.

P

So do you think the mini 400d without a controller could be a tad over kill on a 30l?
They so a smaller one thats jut a clip on, would that be better, Im doing co2 and tropica ferts but if your getting algae on a 60 then that's pretty strong.

Good info here: -
http://www.americanaquariumproducts.com/LEDLights.html

They recommend a maximum volume of 50 litres and a maximum light spread of 38 centimeters/15 inches. With the controller, a 30cm cube shouldn't be a problem. I think my algae issues at higher intensities could be due to not enough CO2. (I've tried raising it but I'm really wary of gassing my fish!)

I'm not sure about a 45cm cube but I guess as long you don't plant much at the sides it should be OK. I think a Grobeam 1000ND is better for that size of tank but mounting one could be tricky.

Been offered the whole set up of a 1000nd unit with rails from Chris but don't know if I have the cash.. Maybe I can raise the 400 mini to allow the wider spread?

I have had lamps for my walstads and although they work it's time I invested in something with a bit more quality I think :)

Palm Tree said:
Why not go for a simple option ? Ikea lamp - http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/40370283/ and a 12w or 9w E27 led bulb off ebay, you can get 2 12w bulbs for around £6 so should come in at around £10.

Cheers for the link, that is really cheap how good are those bulbs?

I would like something a bit more 'meant for the job' but I think it's a bit of a rip when you add in the price of a controller.

On a different note, since adding the substrate a couple weeks back I noticed a small seed around the front, I was going to remove when I planted up, it had sent out a little shoot and then I hadn't looked at all for a few days. then came home late last night to see this
ve2e5uga.jpg

I don't know if u can see but there is a little bit of greenery between the root and the pip/seed thingy.

It's definitely growing...strange haha

:(

No show on the plants once again. Spoke to Royal Mail and was told the parcel wasn't sent track and trace so only info I was given was the day it was sent and where from. However due to it taking more that 3 days I can make a claim. Royal Mail also said it would be a claim between the sender and RM, TGM in the initial email said any further contact would be between me and RM.

I've sent TGM a email this morning asking that even if the plants arrive in full health that I would like to be refunded the postage, pretty standard thing I would have thought in this situation and then they can talk to RM about getting there £ back.

If they turn up half foocked I'd hope TGM would offer replacements and send them out on the quick.

Hope so anyway :(

Ok parcel has arrived will post pics in the next half hour of how there looking.

*fingers crossed*

This is what I opened up :(

gusypape.jpg

e9yjadyg.jpg

Ill send em over to TGM and see what they have to say, im sure they'll understand as they have that how best plats Yourll buy kinda thing and I've seen just as good at p&h

Yeah TGM are the best around, and it's not there fault entirely, possible could of been les crammed together but the postage is what's done them.

Ill email the pics over to them hopefully they'll sort something and then take it up with RM. I've had plants and stuff fr tem many times and all has been excellent.

Back