• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lè Nano journal •30l Fluval• PLANTED

Cheers, I'm not in a huge rush so it can take as long as need be to look good.
I normally use Glosso but its like a weed once its taken off, plus I wanted to try something different to my norm.

Did u trim it much or leave it alone? I'm doing a w/c tonight and I'm tempted to try the same thing I do with my Glosso which is keep right on it.

Fair enough, I gave it a harsh trimming last night, will report back if it was a wise move or not soon enough.

*fingers crossed*
Here's a cleaner shot if how's it looking today.
e6atajyn.jpg

LET THE BE LIFE!!

I finally have something visibly living in my tank now other than plants! SHRIMP!!

I picked them up from a little pet shop in lakeside shopping centre. They are kept in a display fluval ebi tank.
6 for £7!!! :)
So I got myself 12 and the guy chucked in a huge bit of leaf litter they had in the tank. There not sakuras or deep red but there decent colour and especially for the price, most in the shop where pregnant and a few I bagged where busting with eggs.
I still spent the best part of 3 hours acclimatising them as I really didn't want to loose any especially not the preggo ones, Im going to leave co2 and lighting of for best part of today.

e6u5e7yv.jpg
esabunej.jpg
usepu4ag.jpg
4yvypu2e.jpg

As you can see they aren't the reddest of the red but they had only just been introduced, so hopefully they get a bit more colour.

That would be cracking and of course I would, there's some sakuras in a shop locally I was going to buy 5 and try and bring the colour and standard up.
In theory that sounds like it would work but I'm not too sure if it works in practice haha!
I was thinking of moving lesser coloured folk into a bowl tank and keeping the nice red ones in here. I'm sure it would take the best part of a year to make a reall difference though.

Oh sweeeeet sounds good them. Your fire reds are very very red too :D let me know when you have done spare and what the damage is.

After a good 24hours in the tank and Im really happy with how they've coloured up, especially for a £1.20 shrimp
saqe5ave.jpg

Little update.

Added some new guys to the clean up crew.
1 x amano shrimp
1 x horned nerite :D
1 x assassin snail

All that for around £10 from P@H , was really impressed by the service aswell I was asked plenty of questions and the women asking wasn't just script reading she did seen to know what to ask.

The snails are hiding ATM so here's some tank and shrimp shots
agurazu4.jpg

dyvyguda.jpg

vyqu9egu.jpg
typubaty.jpg

Ahh that's a shame. I may have to remove the assassin snail then. Ie notices a few shrimplets about, so you think they have the stomach for a whole batch :(

He had a go at the nerite but the nerite was fine just climbed over its shell and carried on its way.

Things are going really well with this tank. It's so easy I you stick to the basics! At least 10x turn over with good uniform flow. Clean water and plenty of ferts and co2.
I think a must have aswell are timers for co2 and lights.
Consistency is the key!

Anywayyyyy enough preaching, I had a looking look around the tank for shrimplets and have counted 12, one of the original shrimp look ready to burst with eggs aswell :)

y8uta5y3.jpg

Spot the shrimplet :)

Noticing them getting more and more confident each day. There's easily a dozen in there.

Back