• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mori no shinden

I agree that the wood is over bearing but I think the new position has taken it down a notch ;)

Got some new plants on a whim :rolleyes: just popped in to lps to say hello and was told they had a few bucephalandra "Malawi" plantlets I could have :) so jumped on it for £10 couldn't say no they also gave me a microsorum sp. I hadnt seen before, microsorum "apple". Its a very bright green fern similar looking to microsorum pteropus.

Buce

unuvynyn.jpg

y7uhusu4.jpg

ryqa4uve.jpg

Microsorum "apple"

upeqatyg.jpg

nudevyqu.jpg

u9ajy7a5.jpg

Cheers

Ali

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Added some ruby barbs. Thought I would have a strong root base on most plants but there sure have done a number on the eleocharis

hey ali, sorry to hear you barb issues mate it must be a total PITA.
Now i could be wrong here but i seem to remember reading, and as such avoiding, ruby barbs arent amazingly plant friendly and will often graze on soft tissue varieties.
Im hoping im wrong and they were just making a house a home :)

Nope I think you are right.on have kept them before. I was in a huff and bought them as I couldn't source the rhombo barbs I was after. I think they will be going back to the store. They eat mainly algae and dig through detritus so not really a good choice. If I had it my way they would be going into a new tank at home but I promised to downsize when I moved and I picked planted tanks :)

good choice ali, of course planted tanks! I had a lot of issues finding Rhombo's and in the end Kesgrave came up trumps but only after waiting 3 months for him to find good stock as the first batch he wasnt prepared to send out. They are awesome fish and worth the wait to find them. I believe they are seasonal so you may get lucky, could be worth an email...

Was that kesgrave tropicals?

I have one rhombo that I got by accident about a year ago with some tetras I ordered from my lps so I assumed they would be able to get me more but when I asked about them they hadn't even heard of them. The Ruby's are keeping him company at the moment.

Iian thanks a lot for the pointer got 6 on order now :D :D

Should have by barbs Friday! Very happy right now. Sunday is going to be big trim day. Gonna hack all the rotala back and the s. Repens need a good hack woo super fun

Everything ticking along fine. Bit of GDA on rocks but nothing to worry about. Getting new camera soon so will get some better shots.

Not really liking the totals forest so I may replace it with another plant..... any way ..barbs :)

pavy3eqy.jpg

They are super fast so can't really get a shot with my phone :(

Reactions: tim
Had a hack back of the rotala. It got a bit out of control. Added a bit of colour, just hope I can keep these beautiful plants....well....beautiful.

a6egamy9.jpg

sebabuzy.jpg

I'm having trouble finding time to do my weekly water change so I'm doing more smaller ones and small bits of maintenance here and there. Not really the strict regime I'm after!! But it is doing the job.

I have some gUSH in and outlets on the way so I'm going to try a lily pipe again see if I can get the flow right but I'm not holding out much hope :(.

umade2yb.jpg

aju3ubu3.jpg

Still can't get shots of these guys they are solo quick!!

Also something is eating my Buce! Can't see any snails but I keep getting munch holes in em!!

Cheers

Ali

I like all your colour Combinations you have in there I find that my eyes are drawn around the tank as there's quite abit going on but is still scaped. :)

Thanks a lot guys. I can't say I'm happy with it all that much but that's just me I can never settle :)

Hi, Ali, what macro lense are you using on your s4? I' ve been looking on amazon and there are loads!

Hi, Ali, what macro lense are you using on your s4? I' ve been looking on amazon and there are loads!

Hey Lindy

I just bought the cheapest one I could find, I thought it was going to be rubbish but it works OK sometimes. Must have to be patient :)
Nice! Looks lovely and colorful :), is that Anubias you have attached to your stones, i like to add some in my tank but have read that it can be harmful to your shrimp, but also heard that its fine in a shrimp tank:confused:
Anubias barteri
Hi Steve

Thanks a lot mate.

Its is anubia barteri Nana. I have amano and cherries in there and they are fine.
cant see why anubias can be harmful. im going to be using it in my next scape.
Hi Nick

Anubias is said to release something when it is cut or pruned that is harm full to shrimp but I haven't found any sound proof of this, in fact it seems to be debated a lot all over the internet. I have no problem with any of my shrimp though

eha8y6a3.jpg

That's my shrimp tank. It has 3 veriaties of anubias.

Back