• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
4 weeks not a cut
welcome to the jungle

18996700398_64b753a10d_z.jpg

18996698138_a0f426c239_z.jpg

18561738794_2d158756b4.jpg

18998126829_4aaebfda2f.jpg

18996586070_aa563d9fb6_z.jpg

Just because I wanted to see how far it can grow. I will cut it back very soon. ,)

no. no fry

I am planted!

Great video!

Seeing how effective those wave scissors are for trimming a carpet I think I need to get me some.

The tank is looking great and is clearly in very good hands :thumbup:

Thanks.

Love the wave scissors. Ordered ages ceap china ones. The piece holding both oarts together just went out. DIY'ed the job and live on.lol

I am planted!

cheers. As far as I remember it is Cuesta Drive. Mary Anne or something like

I am planted!

Real nice. It's a good thing your Anubias doesn't get covered in GSA even though its the nearest plant to the light. I really like that music track too. Ol' skool garage jammin' sorta feel.

thanks.. I had a hard times with anubias. I started with two small portions 18 months ago and suffered a lot of BBA, GSA and GHA with them. It took for me more than a year cutting it back with no mercy until the new growth came back more resistant to high light conditions with every time. I do believe i managed to adopt it to these conditions as in every setup they were and still are exposed to strong intensity of light

I am planted!

Quick update.
New light arrived. First impressions - So far the best choice for the budged I had.
Love controls, energy efficiency, build quality and size. Still need to play around
with settings do get just to and adjust. Did some quick video with "dawn to dusk".
I guess the blue'ish tone that spikes in there is "cloud simulation"

Likable colors it can deliver. Will see how my plants will adjust to it

19786958441_f836e981f5.jpg

19594192900_e89763e2a5_z.jpg

Hi Lauris

The new light looks cooler, don't you think so? More or less what happens when you go from T5s to AquaSky... More whitish.
Regarding the light spreading I would say it is more directional than your previous light, like it happens with HQI lamps creating shadows and probably a more natural look
Congrats for the new purchase

Jordi

Hi Lauris

The new light looks cooler, don't you think so? More or less what happens when you go from T5s to AquaSky... More whitish.
Regarding the light spreading I would say it is more directional than your previous light, like it happens with HQI lamps creating shadows and probably a more natural look
Congrats for the new purchase

Jordi

Thanks..
It is cooler and more direct light as you said.. creates more natural looking effect with lovely simmering
Also It gives more better visuals on tank depth and previous light made it more flat

Back