• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

GUIDE: Auto Dosing EI (Estimative Index) With Jebao / Jecod DP Series

So you basically dose macro and micro 2 minutes apart?
No 24 hours and -2 minutes apart. If you follow the dosing in post 1 there is a macro dose at 00:01 Monday. Then a micro dose at 23:59 on Monday (Tuesday really). Next dose is macro 00:01 Wednesday followed by micro 23:59 Wednesday (Thursday really). So by setting dosing every other day you achieve the alternate micro macro dosing. Clever.

Could you not do

Macro - Pump1
Micro - Pump 2
Dosage of 10ml just plucked out the air as an example

Mon - Pump 1 12.00 10 ml
Pump 2 12.00 0 ml
Tues- Pump 1 12.00 0 ml
Pump 2 12.00 10 ml
Wed- Pump 1 12.00 10 ml
Pump 2 12.00 0 ml

And so on, does it allow for a 0ml dosage?

I'm looking at one of these for my reef tank having closed down my planted and moved over to the salty side

How do Tropical make liquid fertz that have combined micro + macro?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

They add acid to the mix (ascorbic acid) to keep the micro chelated and stop it reacting with the phosphate. Probably fine in smaller tank doses but likely to have problems in EI dosage levels with the chelated iron escaping as acid gets neutralized and iron reacts with phosphate.

Anyone else using this approach? I have found by Jebao to be quite unreliable, the pumps often stop working. They go through the motions but the liquid does not move.

I have to remove and reattach the pump heads to get them moving again

Mine is still going strong I'm pleased to say. When it goes off at midnight I know I should have gone to bed already! :)

I'll try to remember tonight to place the outlet into a jug so can check is still doing the 90ml dose.

Would be great to get a longer term update on how this is going. Great review btw!

I'd like an update too if folk are able to comment on how the pumps are treating them? I'm thinking ahead - got a couple of holidays planned and no one's going to dose my tank. I might get away with a fish feed twice whilst away, but certainly not a daily EI dose :)

I never got around to checking that dose was right! It goes go off daily at midnight though, and the mixture is being used. I've no reason to doubt it's not going strong still.

You do see the occasional post here about people with issues with them, mainly bubbles in the airline it would seem.

I'd say this is my best aquarium related purchase to date still! I was terrible at remembering to do the dosing and also am away weekends etc fairly regularly.

I never got around to checking that dose was right! It goes go off daily at midnight though, and the mixture is being used. I've no reason to doubt it's not going strong still.

You do see the occasional post here about people with issues with them, mainly bubbles in the airline it would seem.

I'd say this is my best aquarium related purchase to date still! I was terrible at remembering to do the dosing and also am away weekends etc fairly regularly.
Thank you!

I think I'm going to have to get one. I'm good with remembering to dose. I quite like it in some ways, but it does solve the issue of not always being around!

Thanks for an informative read and review/instructional thread!

Richard

Mine works pretty well. I have tested dose a few times and it has been spot on.

I might test it again today.

I have had a few issues where it was not pumping liquid properly. Not sure why, could have been air or something. So part of my bi-weekly maintenance is to manual dose a few ML to check it is still working.

Are your issues solved @aaron.c now you are manually running some dose?

Looking back in the thread I see you got yours in May, and were having issues still in November. I wondered how often you finding it does not work these days?

Hey Jag!

As far as I can tell it always works now. I am not often up at midnight during the week but when I am I tend to check and it doses correctly.

It always doses the liquid carbon at 19:00 correctly. This is deliberately set to 19:00 as I am usually in the living room so can check it runs.

Just thinking about it, and the manually dosing should make no difference. The pump already doses daily running mixture through, so an extra one once every 14 days should make no odds.

I wonder if it is one of them issues that mysteriously solves itself. Maybe a small air leak that has since "blocked" by sediment from the mixture etc.

I'd be interested to hear from other users on their good / bad experiences. That way people reading this thread can get an idea of how common it is for these units to have issues vs work fine.

Back