• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
I got some needle leaf fern planted behind the new rocks also going down the Lfs to check out some low growth plants for around the rocks etc ,
It's more brown then yellow , it's diatoms :/ I've had it for a while . Also had it on my staurogyne but that's gone now, I am getting new green growth from the hc but any algae feeds my 6 ottos so I'm not stressing that its there. Also introducing a few amanos to 'clean' it up .
Yes I still get pearling on all my plants and I've moved the lights 100 mm higher , they are now 600mm from substrate :)
Cheers

I've added some
pogostemon helferi and anuibais nana along with a group of some red cherries :) ,
Will upload a pic in a week of so once it's grown in a bit .
Looks so much better though .

Sent from my mobile telecommunications device

ApCJuar.jpg

great growth mate looks like its coming along very nicely hope u all moved in and sorted

Dean

The growth rate is excellent mate , but I am seeing some brown algae but I've increased my ferts as I think I've been under dosing the Ei ,
All moved in ok just so much to do and work is so busy but I'll get there :)
How's your tank going mate ?
Cheers

well just having problem with regulator :banghead: but lots of help locating the fitting I need so hopefully get ordered tonight and yeah it looks great and glad ur all sorted mate

VVyaImk.jpg

Just one of those update things that people do ;)

Tank is all good , no algae , good growth , minimal maintenance and great plant health along with great livestock health .
Itching to start another scape but with Christmas coming it maybe wise to wait till he has been :)
The hc carpet is long gone , it just wasn't doing any good so replaced with eleocharis sp mini and now I'm after some hydrocotyle sibthorpioides for the right foreground .
Cheers then

RVSpnvq.jpg

Here's a shot of my current plant health ,
Seems good to me :)
Eleocharis sp mini at the front after 2 weeks planting , no die off and loads of new shoots .

Also there is a red cherry hidden amongst the staurogyne repens :) find it hahah

Aha yep it is there , I have 4 in total but they just seem to hide away most of the time , not sure why :/
Cheers

Aha yep it is there , I have 4 in total but they just seem to hide away most of the time , not sure why :/
Cheers

Add more.

Obviously the more you have the more you'll see, but I've always found when I've kept cherries in the past is that with greater numbers comes greater confidence.
I first started off with 4, and could just about make them out hiding in my Java fern. I added another 6, and they seemed to always be out after that. Then they start breeding, and you end up with loads more very quickly.

Just my observations though of those that I have kept. Yours may just love grazing in the stauro lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah ok thanks for that . I think adding some more is a good option , these came from maidenhead Aquatics , they came with green stuff on their bellies and there was a discussion to whether it was fungal or eggs . I leant towards fungal as 2 died (was 6) quite quickly when I added them to the tank , I never treated and I think it's all gone away now and no babies (not that I know of as yet ) so must of been fungal .
Would there be any other symptoms of why they tend to hide or is that just their nature ??
I've never kept shrimp but I'm always worried that the co2 could be effecting them :/
Cheers

UnIpD3A.jpg

And one pops out when the dusk lights come on haha !

vwe94kW.jpg

And my latest addition :)

I'm starting a shrimp only tank soon :) so these will be going in there anyways ,
But I've always wanted angles so was happy to get some in :)
Cheers

Just need to get some gu10 LEDs for it as will be low tech but the LEDs will be in a dimmer :)

dyzu3yhu.jpg

Another update pic ,

Same as the last really , trimmed the hair grass at the back a bit. I know the hardscape is not the best placement in the world but the key here for me is to have good plant health and maintaining that health and finding my limitations. I will be putting a lot of time Into my next scape so with this knowledge and experience it should be a stunner .

:) can't wait .

Cheers

End of tank dump drying Christmas Day and not being able to do anything about it untill Saturday ....... Ouch , bye bye planted tank .
Lights have gone off and staying off .
I can only hope :(

Back